Increased ability to filter, sort and/or export people data

Started by hamishr, May 14, 2024, 07:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamishr

In the People tab, I would like to be able to FILTER people by any of the fields in the People table. In particular I would like to be able to show only people born on a certain day, so that the People table can be used as a birthday/anniversary calendar.

I would also like to be able to SORT People on chosen fields, but particularly the birth date field, so that you can see People from old to young.

Easy EXPORT of data from the People table in a spreadsheet compatible format would be useful.

Thank-you!

Mario

IMatch 2025 adds a new filter prefix: dob:  with a expects a YYYY-MM-DD parameter.

dob: 2010 => Show all persons born in 2010
 dob: 2010-05 => Show all persons born in May 2010
dob: 2010-05-17 => Show all persons born on May 17., 2010

This should do at least part of what you request.
Since there are zero Likes for your request, I gather that the features requested are of no use or interest for other persons.

Especially the feature to export person data in a "spreadsheet compatible" format would be virtually impossible to do, since persons may contain repeatable elements for some properties, and this does not fit into the "one row per record" format.

The XML-Format already supported should be good for most purposes. Just convert it into whatever format you need.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook