Sharing IMatch Photos

Started by ibpete, May 25, 2024, 08:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibpete

Previous post deleted to remove non-compliant photos.

First off let me say Mario's work on IMatch is incredible. I've been using this software for 3+ years and am just getting the hang of all of the power and features he's incorporated. KUDOS to Mario!

So after investing untold hours into organizing, categorizing, and tagging my photos I was ready to share them with my family.

I tried IMatch Anywhere but felt like the complexity of the interface would be too difficult for my family to master.

So with a little bit of homework I stumbled onto some free self hosting photo album software. You can search for "Self Hosted Photo Album" and get lots of options.

But let me help out a bit. After doing some homework I tried out PhotoPrism. IMHO it's trying to be DAM software like IMatch. Interface was pretty complex and what I really didn't like was that while it has some nifty AI features like facial recognition and keyword tagging; it made up keywords of it's own and didn't honor any of my keywords like face IDs. Also, only 3 users before you have a monthly fee.

After a short trial I then went to PiGallery. Frankly, I'm blown away! Not only is it fast but the main gallery interface shows my folder structure which I've been building for a LONG time. Additionally, it recognizes all of my keywording, tags, and faces. AND it even has reverse geocoding!

Especially interesting is that the boxes I've drawn on faces in IMatch show up in this gallery. I have no idea how that is done must be PFM (Pure Friggin' Magic).

If you want to share your photos this seems to be a good option.

Let me know if you want to see my page.
I can also describe how I've set up my server and network.

Best,
Mike

Mario

QuoteEspecially interesting is that the boxes I've drawn on faces in IMatch show up in this gallery. I have no idea how that is done must be PFM (Pure Friggin' Magic).

That's why IMatch is such a stickler for metadata standards. Data you enter in IMatch (including the regions and tags for face annotations) is stored in your images in standard metadata formats like XMP. 

This makes your data independent from IMatch and allows you to reuse your data in other applications and services which also support XMP and other metadata formats.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook