Keyword Panel <-> Thesaurus... no auto add?

Started by Jingo, June 13, 2024, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Hi... I just noticed something odd but maybe I'm just not understanding (even after all these years of usage).

I'm adding keywords to my images from the Keyword Panel and need to add a new keyword: Places|Europe|Italy|Venice.

So, I use "type ahead" in the "Enter new keywords here" Italy which shows me: Places|Europe|Italy and I choose it and add Venice to the end, hit enter and write the new keyword to the file.  If I choose a new image and type Venice - the new keyword appears.. great!  However, I noticed the Thesaurus doesn't show the new keyword.... I thought (probably incorrectly) that with the setting to : Add new keywords to thesaurus checked - the keyword would be added automatically and I wouldn't have to "Update from database" in the thesaurus manager?  

Since the new keyword appear in the "type ahead", I know the "universal thesaurus" is getting updated... is that different than the thesaurus I see in the keyword panel?  I probably should know all this already but I rarely use the thesaurus to check off keywords since typing them in and choosing them from Recent and Favorites is so easy.. but thought I would ask for clarity!

Thx - Andy.

81elXZlh9w.png

Mario

Bummer! This took me a while to figure out and fix for the next release.
In the mean time, right-click a keyword you want to add to the thesaurus and use the corresponding function from the context menu.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Thx Mario.. glad you were able to find and fix it!  Appreciated!! - Andy.