Offline folders that are Empty Duplicates - can I just delete?

Started by Mogli, June 17, 2024, 04:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mogli

Hello,

I often get "Offline Folders Found."  It appears to be Duplicates of the highest level Folder that gets duplicated, in the folder structure at least, not duplicating files within.  I believe this is due to power outages causing my NAS to get a new identifying number.

Can I just delete the folders that have no files in them?

Is there a way to prevent this happening in the future?

Mario

The first entry (directly below the database, MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA) is an UNC network share that is offline. It has one sub-folder with the same name and 0 files.
At the bottom, the drive with the label MORGAN has an off-line sub-folder with the name morgan, which has also 0 files.

If you cannot or don't want to bring these shares back on-line, you can use the Remove from Database command in their context menus to remove them from the database.
Both report 0 files, so nothing will be "lost".
Press <F5> afterwards to ensure that the Media & Folders tree reloads completely.

Usually, when the SAMBA implementation running on the NAS decides to change the drive serial number it reports (for whatever reason), it is sufficient to relocate the drive onto "itself" in IMatch to let IMatch know that the drive has changed (or just the serial number).

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook