Slide Show variables & settings

Started by stefanjan2, July 27, 2024, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefanjan2

I've been having a play with imatch slide show for the first time and like much of imatch I'm really impressed. I've also bought a Norwii n76 presenter and I find it works great with imatch for navigating and controlling slide shows.

I'm planning to do do several presentations to my camera club in the future covering some of my trips and especially the 3 week trip I've just got back from in British Columbia. I'll probably also do a brief demo of how I use imatch to cull photos while travelling with my laptop.

I've been trying to get a simple text overlay which shows some basic camera information. So far I have come up with the attached screenshot:

{File.MD.model}
{File.MD.Composite\Exif-LensID\LensID\0}
TV {File.MD.Exif::Main\37377\ShutterSpeedValue\0} AV  {File.MD.Exif::Main\37378\ApertureValue\0} iso {File.MD.iso} mm{File.MD.focallength}

but I would prefer something more abbreviated  like:

R7 70-200 2.8
1/100 f3.2 160 iso 77mm (123 ff)

I'm wondering whether anyone has done something similar and could share the code they used and the best settings. See my current settings attached.

Ideally I would have liked the text to be less obtrusive and display in one of the corners and also restrict the background to the size of the text but I don't think there is anyway to do that.

Mario

I recommend to use Metadata Tag ShortCodes for variables with the {File.MD.} syntax were possible.
They make your variables shorter and more "portable", when ExifTool tag names change.

To remove the Canon EOS prefix, just use a simple replace with File.MD.model:

{File.MD.model|replace:Canon EOS ==}

If you shot various camera models, add multiple replace functions.
See replace:This==That in the help system for more information.

{File.MD.model|replace:Canon EOS ==} {File.MD.lens}
{File.MD.shutterspeed|value:formatted} {File.MD.aperture|value:formatted} ISO {File.MD.iso} {File.MD.focallength|value:formatted} ({File.MD.focallength35mm|value:formatted})

You cannot horizontally position the text and the background is always full width. Use a low opacity for the background to make it less obtrusive.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

stefanjan2