Search for duplicates with shortcuts

Started by frankdarwin, August 02, 2024, 10:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankdarwin

When I have marked a photo to search for duplicates and then select Search -> Duplicates,

Menu Search Duplicates.jpg

I get a result . Everything is O.K.

Menu Search Duplicates Result.jpg

If I enter the key combination "CTRL+M,I" (as specified in the "Search" menu) after selecting the same photo, I get no result. The selected photo is only highlighted, but no duplicates are displayed.

Keyboard CTRL+M,I Ergebnis.jpg

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Frank

Tveloso

I use that keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+M,I) quite often, and it has always worked for me.

You should note that the period of time between when you press Ctrl+M, and I, is retalively short, so perhaps you're just not pressing I fast enough, after having pressed Ctrl+M?

Quote from: frankdarwin on August 02, 2024, 10:42:29 PMIf I enter the key combination "CTRL+M,I" (as specified in the "Search" menu) after selecting the same photo, I get no result. The selected photo is only highlighted, but no duplicates are displayed.
Here, you mean that no Result Window is opened at all...(and not that one opens, containing only the selected file), correct?  If so, then it might simply be the timing of your key presses...(but if a Result Window does open, containing only the selected file - and no match - then something else is happening)
--Tony

erichaas

Are you holding the CTRL key when you press I? If I press CTRL+M, and then I without CTRL, it works like it is supposed to for me.

Mario

Press <Ctrl>+<M> and release. Then press <I> within one second.
See Keyboard Shortcut Notation
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frankdarwin

I pressed the "I" while holding down the Ctrl key.
My mistake. Thank you!