Adding a keyword outside imatch

Started by stefanjan2, August 10, 2024, 10:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefanjan2

If I add keywords to files in imatch on my laptop, write the changes to disk then synchronise the files to my desktop, imatch does not always recognise that the file has changed.

If I force an update then the keyword is updated.

I was hoping to be able to add files across my database on the laptop to a collection, assign a temporary keyword. Write the changes to disk, synchronise the files and then work on them on either my laptop or desktop.

As the files could be scattered across the database, forcing an update is not really a solution.

Is there a way to ensure that keyword changes are recognised by imatch or is pack & go the only way to ensure this works?

Mario

IMatch checks the "last modified" time stamp in the file system to determine if a file has changed.
To they change? Compare in Windows Explorer. I've had never problems with this, and AFAIK no other user reported anything.

Do you perhaps Preserve date/time of original file enabled? Not recommended (Export Mode only).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook