How to change person for several selected images in main viewer?

Started by MrPete, August 28, 2024, 05:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPete

Early on in recognizing the people in our collection, I'm struggling a bit with the UI, and not finding hints in the help.

One typical example:
  • I'm looking in the main viewer; have set up the layout so Person names are shown.
  • Looking at "Joe" in the Persons view, it's clear (from file names and the nice big thumbnails) that ~50+ of these are "Sam". I can easily see and select all the "Sam" images.

But now what? I need to rename the selected "Joe" images to be "Sam".
  • In one place, Help suggests pressing F2 to change them all to a different person. Nope. F2 here opens File Rename.
  • Right click Face Annotation and People menu doesn't have anything that helps (after some significant testing.)
  • If I switch to the Person editor, my selections are lost. And the small thumbnails there are missing filenames and have small images that don't make it nearly as obvious who is or is not "Joe."

What am I missing? How should I do this simple thing?

thrinn

Look at context menu of your selected files. Face Annotations and People > Swap Person should do what you want. The corresponding help page is: Additional Face Annotation Commands
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

MrPete

Quote from: thrinn on August 28, 2024, 08:05:51 AMFace Annotations and People > Swap Person should do what you want. 
Nope. That function requires me to specify both who I am swapping from, and who to.

I am hoping for a function that lets me select one or more (single-person only) images, and just choose the target person.

I can get close if in the person editor, by choosing Edit Person. But that has drawbacks as well:
  • It's not always easy to pick out the target person there, since filenames aren't shown for all people in the list
  • It only works on one source person at a time.