Search not functioning in the Metadata Panel

Started by Tveloso, August 19, 2024, 01:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tveloso

When I enter a search term into the Metadata Panel's Search Field, the search operation does not take place (neither with Enter, or the Next and Previous buttons):

Screenshot 2024-08-19 073418.png

Also, when the Show/Hide Search Bar button is clicked, the MD Panel gets the focus as expected, but if the Next or Previous button is then clicked, focus returns to the File Window, so pressing the Fkey given in the ToolTip:

Screenshot 2024-08-19 074023.png

...results in the File Window responding to that keypress, and not the MD Panel:

Screenshot 2024-08-19 074111.png
--Tony

thrinn

I can confirm what Tveloso describes: Search in Metadata panel does not work anymore.

And the focus handling seems indeed somehow erratic:

Test 1:
Metadata Panel is open and has focus (yellow title bar). Search bar of Metadata panel is hidden.
Press Ctrl-F to open search bar, enter a search term, press Enter: Search term is not located (search does not take place), but the focus stays on the Metadata panel. To prove, press Ctrl-F again -> search field is being hid.

Test 2:
Metadata Panel is open and has focus (yellow title bar). Search bar of Metadata panel is already open.
Click into search bar, enter search term, press Enter. No search happens, but the focus is redirected to another panel. In my case, it is sometimes, but not always, the File Window. More precisely, it looks to me as if the panel that had the focus before I clicked into the Metadata search field gets the focus back.

For example, activate the Categories panel. Then click into the Metadata search bar, enter a term, press Enter: Categories has the focus again. Same test works with the Favorites panel.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

Most likely a side effect of me ripping the ribbons out of the 2023 code base.
I'll look into it for the next 2023 release.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

This issue has been resolved for the next regular IMatch update.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook