Database diagnostic

Started by Lucio.B, September 08, 2024, 09:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucio.B

Quite often I find myself with a "Database has errors" warning.
Sometimes (and right now) running Database Diagnosis takes more than an hour, i tried to run it repeatidly on my present database and on some previous backed up versions but the tool keeps running forever. Pressing CTRL before start to avoid optimization doesn't change anything.
Log file attached.
Thank You!

Lucio.B

I forgot to say that during the og file documented session iMatch crashed during the diagnosis.
Cheers.

Mario

QuoteQuite often I find myself with a "Database has errors" warning.
That's extremely uncommon. Please provide more details about the kinds of errors, when you receive the message and provide the database diagnostic log file. The regular IMatch log file is helpful, but only the diagnosis log file (also in the TEMP folder on your computer) shows the results of the diagnosis.

What I see in the IMatch log file provided is alarming:

I/O error while reading or writing data: 'disk I/O error' [100]

The database system reported that it could not read or write data from the device containing the database. This is extremely rare and indicates physical damage of the disk, a cable issue or similar. If this is a network drive, the network is not reliable, causing bit errors or read/write fails. The device is unfit to be used to store an IMatch database.

A while later the database system, of course, reports

'database disk image is malformed'

If there are read/write errors on a device, the database will become physically corrupted. This database is damaged beyond repair.

Your database is stored on drive A:
What kind of drive is that?

Please replace that damaged device or check for issues.
Restore an undamaged backup of your database or start a fresh database on a disk attached to your computer, like C:
I'm quite sure, you won't experience any issues afterwards.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook