Stats of Categories

Started by Nyet_Banya_2, September 20, 2024, 09:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyet_Banya_2

I use IMatch's wonderful category system quite extensively and am now trying to further evaluate one of the category statistics.  Specifically, I am trying to better look at my IMatch categories and the number of files to which each of them have been assigned.

For example, I have a category called People.  It is subdivided into child categories consisting of the names of individuals who are assigned to the different files managed by my IMatch database.

Is it possible to come up with a listing of those individual categories (names in my example) that is sorted based upon the quantity of files to which they have been assigned?  Those names assigned to the most files would be listed first, decreasing to those assigned to the least number of files.  Perhaps this capability is something the Dashboard view can provide?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  I have a sense I'm overlooking something very simple.

Mario

No. All available sort options are accessible via Configuring Categories
You can manually rearrange your categories to show in any order you want.

Category counts change quite frequently (depending on your usage pattern) and resorting the tree every time a count changes (or could have changed) would probably cause a great amount of updates and flicker.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook