Is there also a category for stacks?

Started by RobiWan, October 02, 2024, 07:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobiWan

Hi,

for versions there is a corresponding area in the categories "Relationships" and then main file, version.
Am I missing something or is there no such thing for stacks?

Robert

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RobiWan

OK
I'm asking if something like this in my screenshot exists, so I can see all my stacks/ stacked files at one

Screenshot 2024-10-02 210910.png

Mario

There are not categories but collections. IMatch manages relations in collections automatically.
IMatch does not manage stacks in collections, since there is no purpose. Stacks are just a feature to reduce the clutter in File Windows by stacking files.
If you need more, use the Stacks Panel. Or build yourself a data-driven category maybe based on stack variables like File.Stack.IsTop or File.Stack.IsElement

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RobiWan

Is there a way to find all images from specific camera from given year that are not part of one stack?

I tried it with formula (first to find files are on Top), but can't get the right syntax (if it can even work that way) as it should look like

"@Variable[{File.Stack.IsTop},regexp,true]" AND "_My categories|Body's vintages| OMD E-M1X|2019 - OMD E-M1X"

"@Variable[{File.Stack.IsTop},hasvalue]" AND "_My categories|Body's vintages| OMD E-M1X|2019 - OMD E-M1X"

Mario

QuoteIs there a way to find all images from
1. specific camera
2. from given year that are

3. not part of one stack?

1. Category View (assuming you have a category for camera name), else metadata value filter
2. Date Filter
3. File Properties filter (hide stacked files)

Save the filter when you need it multiple times.

If you really need to do this in a category formula, your syntax seems to be wrong. I see blanks in the second part, wrong.
The @Variable is also wrong.

When you look at the variables

{File.Stack.IsTop}
{File.Stack.IsElement}

in VarToy, what do they return? 'Yes' or 'No'.

So to tell in a category formula if a file is part of a stack, you would need something like this:

("@Variable[{File.Stack.IsTop},regexp,Yes]" OR "@Variable[{File.Stack.IsElement},regexp,Yes]")
We check both variables to see if they contain Yes. This gives you all stacked files. Since you write part of one stack. Which includes both the top and the elements, I suppose.

If you have categories for camera name and year, you combine them via AND

"Camera Name|Bla" AND "Years|2025" AND ("@Variable[{File.Stack.IsTop},regexp,Yes]" OR "@Variable[{File.Stack.IsElement},regexp,Yes]")
This gives you all stacked files for camera Bla in 2025.
But this is a very slow formula, mind. Using @Variables is always the last resort.

Note. There are no blanks after the hierarchy separator | but I see some in your post.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

RobiWan