Icon Lock : I need your help

Started by Dominique R, October 15, 2024, 06:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominique R

Hello everyone,

I am testing this highly configurable software with many options.

I have a problem with the icon lock in the toolbar.

I activated it because I was tired of clicking by mistake on the title of my thumbnails.
As you can see on the screenshots1, it is indeed active.
The problem I have now is that on screenshot1, the icon is grayed out. And clicking on it does nothing.

In screenshot2 the icon showing me that the padlock is active is yellow. If I deactivate it it turns gray. This seems to me to be normal behavior.

So my question is: why on screen1 the icon is grayed out while the padlock is active? And why can't I click on this icon?
Did I change an option somewhere to have such behavior? I don't remember.

I tried to find an answer in the online help and on the forum but after more than an hour of searching, I come to ask the question here.

Dominique

Mario

The icon lock button is disabled (grayed out) when you use a layout that does not show icons,
e.g. the "Thumbs only" default layout like here:

Image1.jpg

Was this the case, did you switch to a icon-less layout?
It is impossible to tell since you have hidden out the important parts.

Disabled icon lock (screen shot of IMatch 2025, with the new ribbons and icons).

Image3.jpg

Locked and unlocked icon lock (IMatch 2025).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Dominique R

Quote from: Mario on October 15, 2024, 06:15:37 PMThe icon lock button is disabled (grayed out) when you use a layout that does not show icons,
Was this the case, did you switch to a icon-less layout?
It is impossible to tell since you have hidden out the important parts.

Thanks Mario

That was the problem. I had created a custom layout for my thumbnails.
Looking at the other layouts, I set the show icon parameter of my layout to yes and the padlock icon is now yellow and clickable.

It might be better if the padlock icon disappeared. If the padlock icon remains, it would be better if the help tooltip description indicated something else when you hover over the padlock. Since I didn't remember where the problem came from, the presence of the grayed padlock and the tooltip made me think it was a bug in the software.

Imatch 2025 seems very promising.

Dominique

Mario

I have decided to always enable the icon lock ribbon button for IMatch 2025.

Since enabling icon lock prevents accidentally opening the simple layout editor, it makes sense to have icon lock available even if he active layout does not show any icons.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Dominique R

I think it's a good decision.

Thank you for always improving the product.

Mario

Quote from: Dominique R on October 15, 2024, 08:13:41 PMI think it's a good decision.

Thank you for always improving the product.
Always improving :)

I've told you I do care about user feedback, especially from new users.
I often get very helpful "first time" insights/questions/suggestions/comments that way.
New user generations also have different experiences, skill sets and expectations.
And I aim to mine that gold.

The way IMatch evolves is, in a substantial part, shaped by the user base. I listen.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator