Write Keywords to webp files?

Started by pixeldroid.000, October 18, 2024, 02:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeldroid.000

I see that .xmp files are written for the keywords of webp images. Is there no way to write them into the file?
DallE images are written in that format, so if I can't write the keywords to the file, I'll need to convert to png or jpg before assigning keywords.

It looks like I can use the IMatch batch converter to convert existing webp w/metadata and the keywords will be written to the files during conversion - is that correct?
Thanks.

Mario

This seems to be an error in the configuration of IMatch somewhere. ExifTool's -listwf lists WEBP as a writable format, so IMatch should embed XMP. I'll have a look over the weekend.

I don't remember anything specific, but webp is a not widely used Google format.
an't Dally output standard image formats like PNG or JPG?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pixeldroid.000

None of the AI generators I use have options to choose the format of images to download.

Thanks for your quick response - it would be super helpful to write the keywords to webp.

BTW, I'm a new user, but I've been in CG for over 30 years - IMatch is incredible!

Mario

QuoteBTW, I'm a new user, but I've been in CG for over 30 years - IMatch is incredible!
Very good, thank you.

I've made a few tests and the error is caused by a glitch in a configuration file for IMatch.
You can fix this yourself.

Download the attached ZIP file.
Extract the contained XML file.
Close IMatch when it is running.
Make a backup copy of the file "C:\Program Files\photools.com\imatch6\plugins\ ptpiconfig.xml" , then
replace that file with the version in the ZIP file attached below.

IMatch now embeds XMP metadata in WEBP files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pixeldroid.000