iMatch5 Lockout 2014

Started by jazbo, December 31, 2013, 04:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazbo

Hi Mario

Got home this morning after celebrating New Year.  We are now in 2014.  (New Zealand first country in the world)   What no iMatch5 !!!  Tried again / Try again / reboot /reboot / reinstall / nothing.   Not a flicker.  Installed on another computer - the same - not a flicker.   What has happened ?  Ah - we have rolled into 2014.  Changed computer date back to 2013 and all OK. 

So I guess as the world turns iMatch users will be locked out. 

Have converted 170K files and all looks good.

Regards John

hro

Yes, I can confirm the same here. IM5 won't start for us unlucky NZ'ers being the first in 2014.  >:( >:(

ianrr

Same here in Australia  ... will not start  .... :(

Ranger1700

Same for me in UK. Version 128

Tom

ovrevid

No luck in Norway, either. I'm guessing (hoping) that it's just some code for a trial version of Imatch that have reached it's "magic moment". If so, it should be a quick fix for Mario.

Or maybe a REALLY late Y2K bug  :o

Regards
Vidar
-- Vidar

Menace

Maybe this is the end of the beta-phase?  ;D  Same here in Germany. ^^

Sorted

Can confirm that bug has spread to the vast reaches of Western Australia. Task Manager reports nowt. Perhaps its a case of the morning after the night before.

dcb

I've reported this here including my steps to resolve. Can confirm fails on a second computer. Currently restoring windows to an earlier version which will confirm if a recent update has caused the problem. If date based, fix may be out of Mario's control.
Have you backed up your photos today?

DavidOfMA

Is this an intentional beta expiration? Or just a glitch? In either case, too bad, as I had set aside some time to get into Imatch 5 on New Years Day, since I have the time off. Hopefully an update is coming soon?

dcb

Unlikely to be a beta-expiry with a new version released a day ago. Most likely a component Mario has used is dying somewhere. I'm confident it will be a priority for him to address. Hopefully not too far out of his control.

Lincoln

If you reset your system clock to 2013 still works fine.

J.D. McDowell

Ha! Well at least it's not just my machine. Happy New Year from Canada!

I can confirm that rolling back the clock to last year fixes it.

WebEngel

I don't see a problem here.  Everything seems fine.

herman

The same here.

I guess it is one or the prerogatives of being a beta tester.
Imagine this happening on a production database....  :o

Happy new year to all!
Enjoy!

Herman.

clpratt

I've noticed if I right click on IMatch5 shortcut there is a reduced list of commands compared to right clicking on the shortcuts of other Applications.
In particular the "Run as administrator" is missing. This might be a clue for Mario.

Ranger1700

Quote from: clpratt on January 01, 2014, 10:39:09 AM
I've noticed if I right click on IMatch5 shortcut there is a reduced list of commands compared to right clicking on the shortcuts of other Applications.
In particular the "Run as administrator" is missing. This might be a clue for Mario.

In my case right click shows "Run as administrator" but still selecting this still does not open IM5.

I would have thought a "kill date" would be a reasonable thing for Mario to put in a beta program, to prevent it being used after going live. Perhaps extending it  has just been overlooked. :-\

Tom

Darius1968

Well, at least now I know it's not a case of Windows 7 being glitchy like Vista was! 

Aubrey

Now Mario knows who is really making an effort to test the beta version  ;)

Happy New Year all.
Aubrey.

Ferdinand

Testing on New Year's Day too!!!  We just need Mario to recover from last night.   ::)

ubacher

Have the same problem. IM5 will not start. Converter starts OK.

DaweP

I can report the same problem... :-(

jch2103

I thought I was spared as I was able to use IM5 on 1/1 while visiting in Australia. Turns out I had only postponed the inevitable, as my laptop was still set for Mountain time (UTC -7)...

ps - I looked for a log file but there wasn't one for 1/1.
John

Winfried

same here...
Maybe I should drive to Marios place and wake him up. ;)
It just about 30 kilometes

Winfried

cytochrome

Let poor Mario sleep, I reckon he needs it deeply after all the testing and final (??) sprint to get conversion working.

Bonne année to all from my sunny corner of the Alps

Francis

kiwilink

Oh no!  Same here in Illinois!  I changed my clock date back to yesterday and it opened but then IMATCH started going crazy with a message at the bottom that said "Loading Z unknown dates with 219 files" .  I shut it down as fast as I could.  Hope I didn't hurt anything.

joel23

Happy New Year.
Same here.
Until it will be fixed you can start IM with the date set back and right switching clock back to actual date/time when it is running.
regards,
Joerg

JohnZeman

Add my name to the victim's list too..

Sigh..  Looks like I need to work in <sobs> Lightroom today for awhile then.

Mario

That's an incidental expiration of the Beta version. It just stops in 2014. A left-over from the Alpha version I've forgotten about    

I'm currently preparing a new build which solves this. A apologize for the inconvenience.
But it has some good side-effect because I've been busy over the last days to bring my tool chain up to the latest patches and the new build will use the latest runtime etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jazbo

I have just installed build 132.  All is well here in New Zealand. 

Thanks Mario

dcb

Quote from: Aubrey on January 01, 2014, 12:13:08 PM
Now Mario knows who is really making an effort to test the beta version  ;)

Happy New Year all.
Aubrey.

:)

BanjoTom

Same lockout problem here in Kentucky.  Downloading v.132 now, and I'll hope that takes care of it!  Thanks, Mario et. al. . . .
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

BanjoTom

OK, installed beta 132, seems to be working fine!  Thanks, Mario . . .
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA