Metabase Warning (What does this mean)?

Started by kiwilink, December 31, 2013, 06:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

Checking Metabase:
      Warning: Search engine index does not hold entries for each file in database. Index has 670 entries and there are 40455 files. This is a warning. Most likely the index update is not completed and you have to wait for a while (See Info & Activity Panel). You may rebuild the Search Engine Index manually via the Database menu.
Completed.

Mario:  Can you tell me what I can do to fix this?  Not sure I understand what it means.\\Thanks!

Mike

Mario

QuoteYou may rebuild the Search Engine Index manually via the Database menu.

Means: Go to the Database menu, then Tools > Rebuild Search Engine index.

Did this happen after a database conversion or at some other time?
IMatch usually keeps the search engine index in-synch with the database automatically.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

It happened after the database conversion.  I just ran the "Rebuild Search Engine" and then I ran Database Diagnostics and I got it again.  Here is what the end of the log said:

Checking Metabase:
      Warning: Search engine index does not hold entries for each file in database. Index has 39336 entries and there are 40455 files. This is a warning. Most likely the index update is not completed and you have to wait for a while (See Info & Activity Panel). You may rebuild the Search Engine Index manually via the Database menu.
Completed.

Mike

I did the math and 40,455 minus 39336 equals 1,118.  I just counted the number of off-line files I see and it shows 1,111.   Is this related?

Mario

The Database Converter cannot import metadata for off-line files. And since the search engine uses the metadata to build it's index, this is the expected behavior.
Once you brought all your files back on-line and did a metadata rescan, the warning about the search engine should go away.

The Database Converter should have mentioned that there are off-line files and that you have to manually rescan the metadata for these files after bringing them on-line.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook