Beginners question: Move folder /assign category /versioning

Started by zacken542, January 01, 2014, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zacken542

How do I move a folder(Including all image) using V5?

How do I assign Categories in V5?

How do I show what categories is on selected Image?

In versioning I have selected  Attributes to be propagated , I can Not see that it work (after refresh file relation)
any tips

Sven Åke

JohnZeman

Quote from: zacken542 on January 01, 2014, 02:18:47 PM
How do I move a folder(Including all image) using V5?
Drag and drop from Media and Folders View (same as IMatch 3).

How do I assign Categories in V5?
Mainly from the category panel but you can also do it in other ways, like the favorites panel.

w do I show what categories is on selected Image?
Click the Recent tab on the categories panel.

Mario

You can also use Copy/Paste to copy folders, or Cut/Paste to move them.

The Current tab in the category panel shows the categories assigned to the current file. Pay attention to the toolbar in that tab because it allows you to show hide @Keyword and data-driven categories as needed.

There are many ways to assign categories: Via the categroy panel, by dragging and dropping files from a file window to a category (you can also drag and drop files from any of the other views to the Category View, via Copy/Paste, via the "Create category from selection" command in the context menu of the file window and by several other means.

Check out the IMatch 3 to IMatch 5 migration guide in the Help. Check out the Visual Index in the help. This gives you leads to all the topics you are interested in. These topics can be accessed directly from the start page of the help (Help menu in IMatch).

The File Management help topic explains how to work with files and folders.
The Category topics explain how to work with categories, data-driven categories, @Keywords, formulas, etc..

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

Quote from: Mario on January 01, 2014, 03:51:39 PM
The Current tab in the category panel shows the categories assigned to the current file. Pay attention to the toolbar in that tab because it allows you to show hide @Keyword and data-driven categories as needed.

Ooops!  I knew it was the Current tab, but I said Recent anyway. :-[ 
I must have been partying too much last night! lol

Mario

QuoteI must have been partying too much last night! lol
I knew you meant the right thing. Just stepped in to avoid confusion for the OP.

And I have to prepare, create, test and ship a new build today just because I forgot about the Alpha test time lock. Silly me.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook