versions and Visual Proxy

Started by ianrr, January 03, 2014, 10:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianrr

Cannot find a way to select from a number of Versions, how I can select the one I would prefer as the Visual proxy  ... ie Colour V1, Colour V2, B&W etc

Can it be done ?  Thanks in advance

Mario

Your question is not entirely clear.

I assume you 'grab' multiple versions for one RAW with a single rule?
Like, .tif .jpg .dng are all versions of .raw

To make one specific file the proxy, split this into two rules. E.g. if the jpeg should be the visual proxy, remove the extension from the first rule and disable the visual proxy option for that rule. Add a second rule which associates JPG with your RAW, and for this rule, enable the visual proxy setting.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ianrr

I played with "manage relationships" and added a 2nd "relations definition" of the version with just -v as a selection, so that by re naming the file I wanted to be seen as the visual proxy it seemed to work for me.

However as I work with many 1000's of files, that would be not be how I would like to do it for very long.

Can it be configures that Imatch can use say a Dot or a pin or something that requires me to be able to quickly click the image I would like to use as the visual proxy ?

Even better would be a Tag on the chosen image in the Versions window.

Images below show only 2 versions, colour and B&W, but I may have a number of "looks"  ie B&W1 , B&W2, Sepia, Framed etc to choose as the Visual Proxy.

Appreciate your input on how to do it easily, or is it an option down the track ?

Thanks,  Ian

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

There are so many options and ways to configure versions...if none of them suits you you must have a very uncommon workflow or file naming schema. If none of the automatic schemes work for your scenario, why don't you just use a manual version?

This allows you to tell IMatch  "Make this file a version of that file" and also to choose which relation rule IMatch should use. If you make a "manual only" rule and set the the visual proxy option, you can set visual proxies manually afterwards.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook