Grabbing file path to clipboard quickly and easily from Thumbnail screen

Started by reader, January 03, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reader

How can I quickly and easily grab the filename and path when in the main working window.

I see it appears at the top of the screen for each file when selected but it cannot be moused over to copy and so is pretty useless there.  I guess it just lets you know where you are, but usually I want to use that path in someway.  Maybe to grab files for other applications or whatever.  I always find it helps immensely to be able to grab the path as in the older versions of Imatch.

So where can I get a copy/paste able path quickly?

JohnZeman

Right click over an image and choose Clipboard > Copy.
That actually copies more than the full file name, it also copies the image attributes, and the image itself.

To extract the full file name, paste into a text editor.
To paste the image, paste into a file manager.
To paste the attributes into another image, select the other image, right click and choose Clipboard > Paste Attributes.

Mario

I only need to add:

<Ctrl>+<C>

will do as well. It works for many objects, including files, folders, categories, collections, ...

You can copy file names, folder names, category names, collection names etc. into the clipboard that way. If multiple objects are selected, IMatch copies the entire list of names. Works also for Attributes, metadata, keywords, history entries and more.

Search for "Copy Image" in the IMatch help index for more info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook