GERMAN: Metadaten ändern (Edit Metadata)

Started by HaWo, January 26, 2014, 10:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaWo

Die Einträge oder Änderungen in verschiedenen Tag sind bei mir nicht möglich, auch wenn durch das Stiftsymbol ein Zugriff darauf erlabt ist.

Beispiel:
- Metadaten-Panel ist geöffnet
- Metadata Browser ist aufgeklappt
- Linksklick in Composite Tag 'Beschreibung'
- Text geändert
- außerhalb des Feldes geklickt bzw. auch mal mit Enter betätigt
- gelber Stift im Tag erscheint (auch bei Enter)
- nächste Datei aktiviert - gelber Stift in vorheriger Datei erscheint
- in vorheriger Datei auf gelben Stift geklickt (geänderte Metadaten sofort schreiben ist inaktiv)
Ergebnis: Änderung wurde nicht vollzogen (auch wenn wie oben, aber aktiv)

Habe das gleiche im Tag 'Blitz' gemacht - keine Übernahme.

Nun haben ich den Metadata Browser zugeklappt und in Core Data im Tag 'Beschreibung' den Eintrag geändert.
Ergebnis: Änderung in diesem Tag und im Tag in Composite i.O.

Wenn ich den Tag 'Beschreibung' in XMP Dublin Core benutze, dann klappt das auch.

Mache ich etwas falsch oder ist das ein Bug? Ich verwende Build 134, WinXP.

Vielen Dank.
Hans-Wolfgang

Mario

Modifications to Composite tags may be replaced by existing XMP data.
The Default Metadata Panel Layout does not use any Composite tags. I've changed the Default layout maybe 15 builds ago. Do you perhaps have missed the release notes where I asked every user to reload the default Metadata Panel layouts?

Click on the Gear icon in the Metadata Panel toolbar, click on "Import Panel Layouts" and load the "system" panel layout. If you have custom layouts, delete the standard layouts (the ones you did not create) and then use the "Merge" option when importing.

Or do you use a custom metadata layout with Composite tags? If so, replace each composite tag with the corresponding XMP tag (or better: use the Standard tags where available).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cytochrome

What about the location tags? I still use composite for city, location, province, country. Would xmp-photoshop tags be preferable?

Francis

Mario

Just load the default layout shipped with IMatch into the Metadata Panel and compare to your setup. Location data is a mix, to be compatible with a wider range of applications.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cytochrome

Thank you.

A part from Iso Country the rest (city, location, state, country) is composite all the way in the standard Imatch Location. So i leave it as is.

Francis

Mario

Also test these tags with your other applications and workflow. Not all sample metadata panel layouts must work for all workflows. Ensure that XMP and optional classic IPTC metadata contain the correct values after a write-back. This allows you to check if you update the right location tags in your layout and that ExifTool propagates them properly from the Composite tags to XMP and IPTC.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

cytochrome

Mario, since I have a non-standard workflow  (everything in the image file + diacritic characters) I have tested extensively.

And it works great, no problem at this time, metadata in the proper character set and propagated as I like). I use P&G (thank you for this, it is a great comfort addition, especially for pre-senile old guys like me) and I have not used the restore. IM is now very stable and more rapid too. I am downloading v136 right now.

Francis