Working with metadata in collection view

Started by KimAbel, January 23, 2014, 09:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KimAbel

Hello Mario

Just a minor improvement request :-)

I would like to add a similiar feature request as in one of my earlier posts:

https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=1381.msg8380#msg8380

but now in the collection view. You managed to fix it in the category view, but the problem seems to be present in the collection view. When I am selecting just a few of the files that are in the "Pending Metadata Write-back" collection the focused image jumps to the first one after I have pressed the yellow pen (after a few seconds). It would be nice if the focused image would be the next in line in stead of the first.

Kim Abel

KimAbel

I see that in category view the problem still exists when I am making changesin the filter panel. For instance when I am checking/unchecking "Hide buddy files". Then the focused image shifts to the first in stead of staying at the same place/or next image in line.

The rearrangement of the thumbnails that are happening each time IM is doing some background operations are very annoying, and if the same fix that you did for editing keywords in the category view (se my first post in this thread) could be done for the other views and situations it would be extremely nice.

One of the great benefits with IM is all the different ways of filtering and categorizing the photos. It is then natural to use any of these selections (categories, collections) as a starting point when I am editing metadata, labels and stars, but very often this is real anoying when my focused image shifts all the time like it does now.

I see that I can bookmark images that I want to edit, but this just increases the steps needed to do a simple edit.

Best regards
Kim Abel