Minor: Distinguish between Offline files with/without CACHE image

Started by ubacher, January 24, 2014, 08:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

The only way I can find out if an off-line file has a cache image or not is to try to display the file in the viewer.
(Right?).
It would be nice if the off-line icon could be different for  files with/without cache image. Actually this info would
be of some interest (at least during the debugging phase) for all images.

A less convenient option would be an option in the Files Properties of the Filter panel to filter for files with/without
cache image.

(PS: I tried to find out if there is a variable/property which is accessible and which shows the caching status -
       I was looking for a list of available properties but did not find such.)

Mario

The Variable Selector (see help) shows you all variables available in the current context. Use it, e.g. in the Var Toy App which has been designed to support experiments and tests with variables.

The {File.CacheFileName} shows the name of the cache file associated with a file. It is only filled when the cache file exists. Did you try that?

Search the help for CacheFileName to find the description of this and all other file-related variables.

If you really need to see whether or not a file has a cache file, you can include this variable in your file window layout, perhaps using a formatting function to see only true/false. Note: this may slow down loading, scrolling and other operations in the file window because IMatch has to retrieve additional information and check the existence of the file in the file system.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

Thanks.
I just set up an extra file window layout which shows if a file has a cache image.
Works and does the job.

Entering Variable Selector into the help file does not lead directly to the topic.

Mario

Without wanting to sound pedantic:

It does. Works here with both the Index and the Search tabs:

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

Please consider this request as no longer relevant / no longer needed.