Viewer Scroll Bar: prevent looping back to beginning

Started by Sorted, October 25, 2013, 02:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorted

If I view a series of images in the viewer by moving along the thumbnails in the scroll bar eventually it loops back to the start - to the first image. I find this confusing and want it to stop at the last thumbnail. Can it be set to do this? I could find no help on this feature. Thanks.

Gerd

Hi,
do you mean in Preferences: Application - Viewer - "focus current file at close"? Then you are back to last selected pic in the viewer.
_______
Regards
Gerd

Sorted

Quote from: Gerd on October 31, 2013, 10:38:14 PM
Hi,
do you mean in Preferences: Application - Viewer - "focus current file at close"? Then you are back to last selected pic in the viewer.

No, Gerd, simply this: if I open any image in the Viewer from the File Window it will open all the images in that folder (thumbnail strip along the bottom). That is fine (selected to do so in Preferences). And when I move through the images in sequence, using the right arrow key, eventually I will reach the last image in the folder. I want the Viewer to stop on the last image but what is does is to 'loop' back to the first image and continue through the the whole folder of images again ad infinitum :(. I would like to be able to choose, in Preferences, to stop on the last image :). This is the usual behaviour in Windows Explorer amongst others, I think.
There are, of course, cases where continuing back to the start is useful but on the whole I'd rather it stopped.

Addendum: Additionally, it would be useful if the Viewer stopped when it had reached the 'ulitmate' image, the image before that which one had started from; i.e., scrolled through all the images from wherever one started.  This could be another option or the only other option.

Mario

IMatch 5.0.138 allows you to disable the automatic wrapping at the beginning/end of the file list (Edit > Preferences > Application Viewer).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook