Sorting pictures on shutter speed

Started by Mees Dekker, January 30, 2014, 11:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mees Dekker

I am trying to sort my pictures on shutter speed. Although that seems not very difficult on first sight, it goes like this : 1/20, 1/250, 1/30 etc.

This is a normal Windows sorting order, but does not make much sense for pictures. A way around this is of course to use the numeric value, but then we come up with unrecognizable numbers like : 0,00317 etc.

is there any possibility to sort numerically and display shutter speed in the "normal" way?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Mees Dekker

BenAW

If you set up a sort profile using shutterspeed as numerical value, the sorting should be OK.
To display the value you have several options:
- metadata panel
- file window tip panel
- as part of the thumb layout

etc.etc.

Mario

Quotebut then we come up with unrecognizable numbers like : 0,00317 etc.

I don't understand.

What IMatch displays in the file window (or elsewhere) and what you use in your sort profiles is totally independent. IMatch can sort by the numerical value of the shutter speed (0.005) but display the formatted (1/200) value.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

joel23

Quote from: Mees Dekker on January 30, 2014, 11:02:21 AM
I am trying to sort my pictures on shutter speed. Although that seems not very difficult on first sight, it goes like this : 1/20, 1/250, 1/30 etc.

This is a normal Windows sorting order, but does not make much sense for pictures. A way around this is of course to use the numeric value, but then we come up with unrecognizable numbers like : 0,00317 etc.

is there any possibility to sort numerically and display shutter speed in the "normal" way?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Mees Dekker
In the search profile you need to click on the bar to the bottom right and change it to "treat as numeric"
You need to use Composite Shutter Speed in the layout. If you use EXIF Shutter Speed decimals are shown unless there is a way to format its output. 
regards,
Joerg