Image sorting: Date and time.

Started by Aubrey, February 07, 2014, 11:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

When one uses Date & Time, is this supposed to be sorted based on the digitization time?
I had some images at the start of a shoot wheich were shot in the wrong time zone (UTC+4) I corrected these to UTC+2 using Modify Date and Time relative for both original date and time and Digitized date and time. Metadata shows that corrections are OK. Images are appearing t the end of my shoot - almost as if the data and time is based on data & time modified

In fact have found sorting by filename also does not change the order.

Aubrey.

Mario

From the help (Date and Time):

How IMatch fills Date and Time
If IMatch imports an image file and the image file has a valid EXIF record, IMatch uses one of the three optional EXIF timestamps, in the following order:

Date and Time Original
Date and Time Digitized
Date and Time
Note that none of these timestamps may exist in the EXIF record and that sometimes the information is invalid or garbled.

If the file is a PDF file, IMatch uses the PDF Create Date and Time, if available.

If the file is an Office document or a document containing FlashPix information, IMatch uses the Create Date and Time when available.

If the file is an Open Office document, IMatch uses the OOXML Create Date and Time if available.

If no date was found so far, IMatch uses the CompositeDateTimeOriginal or CompositeDateTimeCreated as delivered by ExifTool. ExifTool produces these tags by looking at various other tags, depending on the file format, e.g. for video files. QuickTime (MP4, MOV) files usually have usable date and time information.

If no usable embedded metadata tag is found, metadata in XMP sidecar files is considered.

If still no usable date and time was found, IMatch uses the last modified on disk timestamp maintained by Windows.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook