metadata not current in batch processor image

Started by Joe Austin, February 09, 2014, 01:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Austin

I have a raw file that was imported into Imatch with IPTC data.   I updated some of the items in the metadata-default panel and checked that the write-backs were done ( I have write-backs set to immediate, and the filter showed no outstanding write-backs).   

I then sent the raw file to the batch processor and generated a jpeg image with all xmp data copied.   But, when the jpeg appeared (same folder) it had the metadata that was present in the raw file at the time of import (viewed in the metadata-default panel).  It did not contain any of the updates.

What did I miss?   Is this a bug?

Mario

1. The Batch Processor uses ExifTool to copy metadata from the source file to the target file.

2. It also checks if the source file has pending write-backs, and performs them before copying the data (The Batch Processor displays a message to you if this is the case).

Please repeat your test and this time open the ExifTool output panel before. This will tell us which data IMatch is copying, and which file is used as the source file etc.
Copy the ExifTool output panel contents to a text file and attach.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Joe Austin

I repeated the test.  Here is the exif tool output from both the raw file update, and the batch processor operation to create the jpeg.

[attachment deleted by admin]