Thin red line under labels - what is it?

Started by Aubrey, February 08, 2014, 10:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

In the thumbnail views I have a red (pinkish) line appearing under the colour I choose for the label.
I have been through the help file and cannot find what this means.
Would someone point me to the correct place in the manual.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

In the default file window layout, IMatch displays the category color bar under the label & rating bar.

Details are in the File Window help topic:

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

In properties, color coding is set to off.
I have "played with test and background colour, this changes the categories names....
So I'm a little lost as to how to deactivate the line (or to make selective activates).... looks like a steep learning curve here!

Aubrey.

JohnZeman

Mario

Just to make sure we talk about the same thing:

Make a screen shot, crop and attach one of the thumbnail panels. This allows me to see what you are seeing.

Select one of the files in the file window and open the category panel via the View > Panels menu.
In the Category Panel, click on the Current tab to see all categories assigned to the file. The category bar will show all colors of all color-coded categories (unless they use the hide from file window option). All you need to do is to find the category with the red color.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ger

If IMatch creates a new database, IMatch by defaults creates a category-tree named 'IMatch Sample Categories' and the categories here all have color coding; maybe some of your files ended up in one of these categories.

Ger

Aubrey

Mario,
Please find image1.jpg showing the image and where it is selected.
Image2.jpg is the current categories from the category panel.

Nothing clearly indicates why the red line is present.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

JohnZeman

That thin red line is the category bar Mario was talking about.  In your second screen shot click the two icons indicated in my below screen shot to also see Data-Driven, @Keywords, and Category reference categories.  My guess is you will see one of those categories color coded red.

Aubrey

John,
Slowly getting there - thank you for your kind assistance.

I have identified the reason for the red/pink category reference.
The strange thing is that it is referring to pdf files, see attached screen dump.

I now have to work out how to get rid of this... back to the excellent manual!

Aubrey.

Mario

That's one of the old sample data-driven categories.
The old categories did not use the "hide from file window" color-coding. This is why they show up.

Either delete the IMatch sample categories in the Category View if you don't need them, or change the color-coding setting for the "PDF Files" category to "hide from file window".

Also, open the data-driven properties of the PDF Files category (via the context menu or the category properties visible below the category tree) and in the row labeled "File Formats" enter .pdf to limit the category to PDF files only:

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Aubrey

Mario,
Thank you.
I deleted the sample category.

Aubrey