hades

I have following workflow:

my goal is to keep only the best ratet raw files - the rest i want delete

1. create pictures as jpg+raw
2. rating jpg's with xmp 1-5
3. all jpg's with rating 4 or 5 keep the raw file
4. delete all raw's of jpg's with nor rating or rating 1-3

For this, first I missed a feature in viewer to group jpg+raw,
so only the jpg is displayed with an labeling to see there is an jpg with an raw  file.

Is there a possibility to filter all jpg's with no rating and rating 1-3 and then automatically
delete the according raw files.

The SW Fas tPicture Viewer do this by using an very powerful batch
processor . . .

Mario

You can filter for JPEG files and for rating and about 50 more things.

QuoteFor this, first I missed a feature in viewer to group jpg+raw,

What do you mean by 'group'?
The file window shows the RAW and the JPEG next to each other (when you sort by file name) and so you can easily see the rating of the JPEG and then just delete the RAW by pressing <Del>...

QuoteThe SW Fas tPicture Viewer do this by using an very powerful batch
I don't use this. Can you explain what you mean?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hades

With group jpeg/raw I mean:

Show only the jpeg file in all views (file window, viewer ...) and not the raw file!

Then it would be helpfully to get an information that to the jpeg file is existing a raw file!

In the Software Fast picture viewer you get the info jpeg+raw displayed above. In Zoner Photo Studio
you can activate a button "Group Jpeg/Raw" - in this case, only jpeg file is displayed with an label info

The batch processor in Fast Picture Viewer works like this:

Filter all non jpegs (raw) where the jpgs has non rating or rating 1-3 and then delete this files (only raws)

Mario

Did you look at Versioning yet?

If you setup versioning, IMatch does most of the work for you automatically. You can setup versioning that makes the JPEG the master and the RAW a version (IMatch supports both approaches).

When you then rate or label the JPEG, the RAW gets the same rating automatically. And when you then filter on the RAW format and a rating less than 3, you can delete all RAW files with one keystroke.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hades

Not really in depth . . .  but the setup versioning seems at the first look complicate . . . .
but I'll check it out . . . is there any easy help to find out for my procedure?

independently to the versioning maybe a more uncomplex solution would be helpfully for
non professionals - in particular to the subject of display only the jpeg file (so the master file)
maybe this could be a good feature . . . .

thanks for your quick response . . . .

herman

Quote from: hades on February 08, 2014, 02:15:35 PM
Not really in depth . . .  but the setup versioning seems at the first look complicate . . . .
but I'll check it out . . . is there any easy help to find out for my procedure?

The tremendous power and flexibility of IMatch 5 has a price: a learning curve which may seem steep in the beginning.
Fortunately there are some nice people around who want to help you.

Please let us know what the file extensions of your raw files are, so that we may try to get you going.

Enjoy!

Herman.

hades

Oh  . . . thanks a lot!

but I had success by defining my own visioning definition by using a copy of an present pattern in the settings!
Now all jpg's are the master of RAF-Files!

I only switch the type names and it works great . . . why, I don't know exactly, but it works!

by the way . . . I change properties of writing data to sidecar of RAF-Files.
I switch to writing inside of RAF-File and not to sidecar.
The rating of RAF will be set even if I define it at the Master JPG File - so it seems to work without using sidecars!

But, is this a safety  way or it's possible to damage the RAF File?

best

Mario

QuoteBut, is this a safety  way or it's possible to damage the RAF File?

Why do you divert from the standard and the recommendations of the Metadata Working Group and update RAF files directly?
ExifTool is the safest way to do this, but not even ExifTool can guarantee that it will work with all RAF files. RAF is an undocumented (!) and proprietary (!) RAW format and can be changed by it's vendor any time without notice. It's at your own risk.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator