Backup Reminder during Imatch Shutdown -- Please Immediately upon Alt-F4

Started by WebEngel, February 26, 2014, 04:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WebEngel

The Backup Reminder during the Shutdown is good.  However, the problem is that it this question pops up approx. 4 seconds after the Alt-F4.  So I'll have to wait till then.  Or I switch to some other application in the meantime, forget about it, and hours later, I find Imatch still in the same state, awaiting my response.

Please raise the Backup reminder first and only then start with the other shutdown activities.

Thanks.

Mario

The backup reminder comes up when IMatch has performed certain internal tasks and is "ready" to check for a backup to be run.
How long this takes depends on several factors, and is surely not always four seconds.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

WebEngel

Ok, you're saying the popup window cannot be launched before the "certain internal tasks".

For me at least it has been approx. 4 seconds, and this is a 1-year old quite powerful machine with SSD caching.

sinus

Quote from: WebEngel on February 26, 2014, 11:44:34 PM
Ok, you're saying the popup window cannot be launched before the "certain internal tasks".

For me at least it has been approx. 4 seconds, and this is a 1-year old quite powerful machine with SSD caching.

Maybe it depends also of the size of db. My test-db has 30'000 images, and after Alt F4 it takes about half a second or longest 1 second, and my machine is about 6 years old without SSD  :)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

WebEngel