Questions regarding MP3 Files

Started by Frank, February 23, 2014, 07:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I have now started importing my MP3 Files into the same database like all Pictures are.
At a first glace it works fine.
I could use dynamic categories to group them to my demands.
There is just one thing witch I find wrong is the way Imatch handles the mp3 Files within the timeline.
It just takes the date when importing the mp3 files into Imatch!
How can I change the timeline attribute used for MP3 Files and store it back into the mp3 file itself?

The visualization of date and time sould be fixed/imporved before production

regards
Frank

Mario

MP3 files do not contain a "creates/modified" timestamp.
They may contain a year, referring to when the song was produced. But there are dozens of ID3 formats around, and it depends on the MP3 file if ExifTool/IMatch can find/extract a 'usable' date.

As explained in detail in the IMatch help under Date and Time, IMatch falls back to using the last modified timestamp stored in the Windows file system if no other date can be found.

If your MP3 files can legally be shared, send me one of your files so I can have a look. Please do not send MP3 files for which you don't have the license to share.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Frank

Yes, but this is than an other example for the new configurabel timeline

regards
Frank

Mario

You can always override the date found by IMatch with the corresponding XMP date and time, and this will then also be used for the time line.
This may not be working if your XMP file contains a partial date, which is then favored over XMP, but since it's partial cannot be used for the timeline. I would need to see a file to tell.

QuoteYes, but this is than an other example for the new configurabel timeline

Sure. But that's a feature for a later edition of IMatch 5.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Frank

Now I can change the date and time and it works.

Thanks
Frank