Started by zacken542, March 14, 2014, 10:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zacken542

Every time I open log-file( .txt) I need to answer what I will open it with
I have UltraEdit as windows default .TXT handler
Is it any way to control this?

Sven Åke

Mario

IMatch asks Windows to "open" the file. Maybe you have configured your application only for "edit" but not for "open"? Windows makes a difference here. I don't know if to configure this via the Windows UI, sorry.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

zacken542

Quote"edit" but not for "open"? Windows makes a difference here
I use Directory opus and that work's with OPEN
But in windows explorer it's NOT working, I get menu to select program to open with  :-[
So it's in my windows as you say

Sven Åke

thrinn

Hi Sven,
I also have UltraEdit installed and defined as standard handler for .txt files. Please see  attachement 033 for my UltraEdit options. The relevant settings are to be found under "File assignments".
If this does not help: Did you check the "Always open file type with the selected program" option in the "Open with" dialogue you get in Explorer? I am working with a German version of Windows 7 and UltraEdit, so I have to guess a bit how the options are called in English.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

zacken542

QuoteI also have UltraEdit installed and defined as standard handler for .txt files. Please see  attachement 033 for my UltraEdit options. The relevant settings are to be found under "File assignments".
If this does not help: Did you check the "Always open file type with the selected program" option in the "Open with" dialogue you get in Explorer? I am working with a German version of Windows 7 and UltraEdit, so I have to guess a bit how the options are called in English.
Yes I used both of them but it was not updating my system
So I looked on this page http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html
and used TXT reg file (setting it to notepad)
after that I used "open with" and selected UE and now it's working !

Sven Åke

JohnZeman

Sven for what it's worth I use Directory Opus to set my Windows file associations, it's a much better and easier way to set file associations.

zacken542

QuoteSven for what it's worth I use Directory Opus to set my Windows file associations, it's a much better and easier way to set file associations.
Dopus was opening .txt files OK but not windows explorer wassn't
so to get IM open log files I needed to fix this problem

Sven Åke