Link Expression Change for DxO users

Started by jch2103, March 22, 2014, 06:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jch2103

The default link expression for NEF Buddy Files includes .dxo to assist DxO users. However, several versions ago, DxO changed the extension for these files to .dop.

IMatch now (5.0.148) includes a .nks extension by default for the NEF Buddy Files link expression. It would be helpful to current DxO users to add the .dop extension (nef\.dop) to the default link expression, given that the now-obsolete .dxo extension is already included.

Thanks.
John

Mario

I naturally can't keep track of such things. I have to rely on the help of users to know about this.
I have now added the nef.dop extensions as well to the default.

Side note: Stupid double-extensions. Another call for trouble, IMHO.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Thanks!

Quote from: Mario on March 22, 2014, 06:57:46 PM
Side note: Stupid double-extensions. Another call for trouble, IMHO.
Perhaps, but I'm sure preferable to the raw processor adding its own image configuration files to the XMP file!

Actually, given that the raw processor needs to keep track of how individual images are processed (sometimes from different camera files in the same folder), I think that using a stand-alone image configuration file is preferable to keeping the information in a proprietary database or in the XMP file... (I do agree that it should be possible for raw processors to dispense with the double-extension.) Fortunately, IMatch's ability to keep such buddy files organized is a real benefit.
John