Quick full-screen display of selected image for users with small screens

Started by ubacher, March 23, 2014, 08:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

This suggestion would help those who work on a small screen.

Thumbnail view:
Clicking and holding on a thumbnail while keeping key xxx pressed should open the quickview
full screen. Releasing either key would close the quickview.
(does not have to be Quick-view - just a full screen display)

This could of course be made quite a bit more sophisticated. And if opening such a display
would be (very) quick it would find a lot of use by all I think.

Another alternative, maybe simpler to implement, is to automatically open a
closed (auto-hidden) quick-view panel.

(BUG FIXES have priority!)

Mario

This can be already archived without adding new features.

Keep the Viewer open as a window (<F12>,<W>) and put it behind the IMatch window when you don't need it. Just use the standard <Alt>+<Tab> to switch between Viewer and IMatch. This way the viewer and IMatch can use the entire screen estate on small screens.
You can bring the Viewer into the foreground any time with <Alt>+<Tab>.
To bring it into foreground with a new selection of files, use current selection of images using <Shift>+<Return>.

Fly-over image display is implemented via the Quick View Panel, which can, like all panels, also be changed into a normal window. If you rip it off and make it a normal window, you can maximize it and also put it behind the IMatch window. Using <Alt>+<Tab> you can then switch between IMatch and the Quick View panel. Or let it float over IMatch. Or dock it again.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ChrisMatch

+1
I just wanted to submit a similar request.
(But I would make it a long left mouse click without the need for pushing any additional keys)

I acknowledge that bugs and other requests have priority.
This is just for convenience and the workarounds are just that - not convenient (in some cases).
If I am using the mouse to go through the thumbnails I want to have a quick look at the image with minimum additional effort.  :D

By the way:
If I open the quickview in a separate window I can't change between the main iMatch window and the quickview window with alt+tab (windows shows iMatch only once - no separate choice for the separate windows). Quickview is also 'always on top' of the iMatch main window!?

ubacher

Using the Viewer is currently the best option. Still: it requires a keystroke to get to it
and a click (on the task-bar icon) to return.
ALt-Tab is clumsy when you have many windows open.

As to the Quickview panel: If it is detached it seems to be in "always on top" mode so that switching back and forth is not
possible. (BTW: this is also the case with the help file!)

As to using it in Auto-hide: here the problem is not to get it to open (move mouse to tab or click on tab)
but to close it again. There is no button to click on to hide it again so one has to find a spot where, when clicked, it will make the
Quickview window hide.

Here is how I would suggest that the auto-hide panels should work:
Cursor on tab: display.
Cursor off tab: hide
Click on tab: slide open and stay open. Click tab (or top line) again: close/hide
Dbl-click on tab: open and dock (i.e. don't hide what is underneath) Dbl-click again: close/hide