Versions panel - allow sending to viewer of images

Started by David_H, March 28, 2014, 05:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_H

It would be nice to be able to right-click on versions shown in the versions panel and send to viewer.

It would be very nice if the versions panel behaved as a mini file window. This might also be useful for the stack panel.

Ferdinand

Have you discovered version results views?  The versions panel is quite limited in its functionality, and as I understand it is just intended to give a quick overview of the master and its versions.  If you click on some files in the thumbnail window and from the right-click context menu choose "Versions | Show all versions" or alternatively use the F4,S key sequence, then you'll get what you are looking for. 

Some people like the way that version results views are based around a hierarchy.  I don't.  While there is an option to suppress the hierarchy, I wrote a little script, which may be of interest, which displays all the masters and versions for the selected files in a regular results tab.  The script is in the script gallery.

David_H

Quote from: Ferdinand on March 28, 2014, 11:56:11 PM
Have you discovered version results views?  The versions panel is quite limited in its functionality, and as I understand it is just intended to give a quick overview of the master and its versions.  If you click on some files in the thumbnail window and from the right-click context menu choose "Versions | Show all versions" or alternatively use the F4,S key sequence, then you'll get what you are looking for. 

Some people like the way that version results views are based around a hierarchy.  I don't.  While there is an option to suppress the hierarchy, I wrote a little script, which may be of interest, which displays all the masters and versions for the selected files in a regular results tab.  The script is in the script gallery.

The difference is that the versions panel is always-on and updates when the selection changes in the main window; in my workspace I've got it docked on the right hand side of the main file window, always open, and just large enough for a strip of versions. Running either a script or doing Versions/Show All seems more than a little redundant when I can see the 3 versions (or however many) in the versions panel - I just can't do anything useful with them!

Ferdinand