Crash working with keywords

Started by joel23, March 27, 2014, 01:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joel23

Hi,
I was able to reproduce the crash.
What I did: as said there are several keywords showing up when using value.filter:keywords, which should be hierarchical, but are not.
A "force update" works on most but not all. Deleting the keywords and adding them again also don't work in some case.
While trying to get rid of them on ~ 40 files, the crash happens.  Dump and Log is waiting in my Dropbox. Will delete it next Wednesday.

regards,
Joerg

Mario

I cannot follow your comments about the filer, sorry.

Should be hierarchical but  is not?
Does not work in which cases?

Downloading the DUMP file right now.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

joel23

Yepp, was a bit confusing, because the behavior is.
I have a category "People & Friends|name_of_the_person", whereas "People & Friends" was set to "exclude in flat keywords" = YES
When using value.filter:keywords for some files only "name_of_the_person" showed up. See attachment.

"Sean" is okay (in the sense that I thought this is what I should get), "Alina" is not. I was not able to change that. I added "123" (to find the image again) and removed "Alina". I wrote everything back and again added "People & Friends|Alina".  Still only "Alina" showed up, except in XMP LR hierarchical keywords.
When I set "exclude in flat keywords" to NO for "People & Friends", the file is shown as "People & Friends|Alina". (now) I believe this is as it should be.

On the other hand "People & Friends|Sean" never shows up as "Sean" only, when "exclude in flat keywords" is set to YES and doing several "force update" or after adding keywords.
Depending on whether is "right", I can't change some files to the opposite appearance.

Right now IMatch crashed again doing a force update on 1.500+ files, "exclude in flat keywords" set to NO. After that IM opens again at the lower bottom of my screen.
For now I'll install V150 and report if it behaves the same.

[attachment deleted by admin]
regards,
Joerg

seth

Quote from: joel23 on March 24, 2014, 07:30:04 PM
The workspace feature did not change a thing - it just changed the workspace, not IMatchs main window.
IMatch still opens at the same location but change to fullscreen view later.

I have been having that issue all along.  I'm now thinking it's a Windows/video driver/whatever thing that is different on each system.  Since it is just during initializing, then jumps to full screen when it opens, I just wait it out those few moments.
Asrock Z77 Intel i5 16GB RAM
120GB SSD boot drive 4 Storage/Program drives
Netgear 2TB NAS Raid 1  Zyxel NAS 3TB Raid 1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST video using Displayport

Mario

QuoteI have a category "People & Friends|name_of_the_person", whereas "People & Friends" was set to "exclude in flat keywords" = YES
That cannot be correct. There is no such option for categories.

Or do you mean you have configured a specific keyword in the thesaurus to be excluded when IMatch 5 maps hierarchical keywords to XMP subject and IPTC keywords at write-back time? If you do such things, please be aware of the fact that this introduces extra complexity and potential pitfalls.

Please double-check that the keywords in your files are as you expect them (create a metadata panel layout which shows XMP::dc:Subject and IPTC:keywords and XMP:lr:hierarchicalSubject so you can see the a actual keywords IMatch has imported from your files.

The filter you have chosen works on the XMP:dc:Subject (flat XMP keywords) so this tag is of especial interest.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

joel23

Quote from: Mario on March 28, 2014, 08:20:16 AM
QuoteI have a category "People & Friends|name_of_the_person", whereas "People & Friends" was set to "exclude in flat keywords" = YES
That cannot be correct. There is no such option for categories.

Or do you mean you have configured a specific keyword in the thesaurus to be excluded when IMatch 5 maps hierarchical keywords to XMP subject and IPTC keywords at write-back time? If you do such things, please be aware of the fact that this introduces extra complexity and potential pitfalls.
Yes, sorry: specific keywords are excluded via thesaurus. Should have been more precise here.  :(

Please double-check that the keywords in your files are as you expect them (create a metadata panel layout which shows XMP::dc:Subject and IPTC:keywords and XMP:lr:hierarchicalSubject so you can see the a actual keywords IMatch has imported from your files.

The filter you have chosen works on the XMP:dc:Subject (flat XMP keywords) so this tag is of especial interest.
I have created such a metadata panel already. See the attachment in my previous post.
What gets me irritated was that the effect is not to revert. Means for files which already have hierarchical keywords written to XMP::dc:Subject and IPTC, and than setting "Exclude in flat keywords" to yes, does not write only "Sean", but still "People & Friends|Sean" after a "force update". See attachment.

But the primary problem are the crashes which occur when running consecutive "force updates" without doing anything else between them.  Not sure if it is to see in the log, but by chance I notice memory consumption often went up to 1.9Gb (and maybe more, not sure because I did not check all the time)

[attachment deleted by admin]
regards,
Joerg