Search Bar & Filter Panel Revisited!

Started by Darius1968, April 04, 2014, 04:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

A while ago, I posted on here about not being able to use the search bar above the file window if at the same time, the filter panel was also active.  When I'd type in the search bar, nothing would happen.  I'm posting here instead of in the bug section because I'm not sure if it is a bug, and I want users' input. 

I have recreated this anomaly in a brand new database!  First, I let IMatch ingest all of the files on my computer (175 + K files!).  After the process completed in about 10 hrs. or so, the search bar & filter panel would both work together, as is the normal case.  So, here's what I did to 'break' the search bar:  First, I did a database compact and optimize.  Then, I ran the database diagnostics, and it gave the exclamation point for the categories!  Everything else was fine.  At the end of the database diagnostics, it said no errors, but 1 warning, and asked what I wanted to do with the log file, to which I opted to save it.  I'm attaching that log file (embedded in a zip file) to this post for people to see.  That log file says something about the categories.  Could this be why / a reason why the search bar is broken?  Can I fix the problem somehow? 

[attachment deleted by admin]