Problem with the hierarchical keyword concept

Started by emef, April 09, 2014, 01:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emef

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my keywords and my English is pretty basic with Imatch help does not allow me to fix it.
If I create a tree of keywords such as: Country / France / Brittany / Morbihan / Quiberon, I want the keywords included in the datas of the image appear as Quiberon / Morbihan / Brittany / France .. . but not Country.
Similarly, if I create the relationship: Friends and Family / Alain and Friends and Family/ Joseph, I want only the words that appear Alain and Joseph.
In short, my key words appear like this: Quiberon <Morbihan <Brittany <France <Country, while I am looking Quiberon <Morbihan <Brittany <France.

I hope I made ​​it clear :-)

And another more general question: when the release of the official version IM5, the "help" of the software you will it available in French?

Thank you in advance.

JohnZeman

Quote from: emef on April 09, 2014, 01:33:56 PM
If I create a tree of keywords such as: Country / France / Brittany / Morbihan / Quiberon, I want the keywords included in the datas of the image appear as Quiberon / Morbihan / Brittany / France .. . but not Country.

Hi emef,

Select the Country category, then in the properties box at the bottom of the tree change the Direct Assignments only option to Yes as shown in the screen shot below.

[attachment deleted by admin]

emef

Quote from: JohnZeman on April 09, 2014, 02:26:47 PM

Hi emef,
Select the Country category, then in the properties box at the bottom of the tree change the Direct Assignments only option to Yes as shown in the screen shot below.

Here is what appears to me, I do not have: the Direct Assignments ???

Mario

Quoteofficial version IM5, the "help" of the software you will it available in French?

No. The help will only be available in English. I don't have the money to pay for a translation. Translators are paid per word!

I'm not sure that I understand what you want to do. You write:

Quotef I create a tree of keywords such as: Country / France / Brittany / Morbihan / Quiberon,

You create keywords under the special @Keywords category? Or do you create your keyword hierarchy in the Thesaurus?

Basically, the special @Keywords category mirrors  the keywords in your files. And if your file has a keyword A|B|C it will show up exactly like this in the @Keywords category. @Keywords cannot leave out or ignore keywords you use in your file. It always shows the hierarchical keywords you have in your files.

If you want to manage a keyword thesaurus, use the thesaurus. The thesaurus allows you to define group levels (like 'Country') in your example. If you make Country a group level, and you pick 'Quiberon' from the thesaurus in the Keyword Panel, it will not include County in the keyword.

See the topic on the Thesaurus in the help for details and examples.

In short:

1. Setup your keyword hierarchy in the Thesaurus. This is the feature that has been designed for that.
2. Configure group levels as needed.
3. Use the Keyword Panel to edit your keywords.
4. The special @Keyword category mirrors the keywords in your files then automatically.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

emef

Thank you Mario, I understand better.   :D

But it is normal that I do not have the same appearance as JohnZeman in the properties box (for the "Friends and Family" for example): see my screenshot in my previous post?   :o

joel23

Hi emef,
yes its normal, because John showed the properties for Categories, not for Keywords.
regards,
Joerg

emef

Quote from: joel23 on April 09, 2014, 05:03:02 PM
Hi emef,
yes its normal, because John showed the properties for Categories, not for Keywords.

Yes I understand, but I also selected (in the category tab) the category that interests me (see attached file): here the category "Country" ... but the properties do not give me choice seems JohnZeman.

I might make a wrong move, but I do not know why?    :-[

joel23

You are at the Keyword Tree in the Category Panel View - scroll down to the Category Tree to see what John referred to. But this does not work on Keywords.
Do as Mario told - see 2nd attachment: all marked keywords have Group Level enabled and do not appear in hierarchical keywords.

regards,
Joerg

emef

I'm too stupid. I will launch many slaps.    :-[

Thank you for your patience everyone.   :)