File Icon

Started by cthomas, April 14, 2014, 11:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I created this DB and drag & dropped these images into my DB and this is what my CR2 files look like. Never had this to show like this before. See image.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

herman

Hi Carl,

This can be a WIC problem.

To run the WIC Diagnostics, select one of the RAW files you want to get info for in a File Window and then run Help > Support > WIC Diagnostics.

After a few seconds, a text document will open in Windows Notepad. This document shows a list of all installed codecs, and the codec information for the selected file. IMatch tries to extract the thumbnail, embedded preview and the full-size image using the codec responsible for the format of the selected file.

Please copy and paste the information in a reply to this post.

Enjoy!

Herman.

cthomas

herman here is the file. Is this something new in IMatch 5?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

The WIC diagnosis looks OK.

Were these codecs installed when you added the files?
Could IMatch read your files before?
If so, what happened since then?

Please do this:

1. Make sure debug logging is enabled: Help menu > Support
2. Select the files in your screen shot and press <Shift>+<Ctrl>+<F5>.
3. In the dialog, choose Force Update
4. Attach the log file to your reply (as a text file, not as a screen shot).

This will show us if and which errors IMatch reports when accessing these files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 15, 2014, 07:51:20 AM
The WIC diagnosis looks OK.

Were these codecs installed when you added the files?
Could IMatch read your files before?
If so, what happened since then?

Please do this:

1. Make sure debug logging is enabled: Help menu > Support
2. Select the files in your screen shot and press <Shift>+<Ctrl>+<F5>.
3. In the dialog, choose Force Update
4. Attach the log file to your reply (as a text file, not as a screen shot).

This will show us if and which errors IMatch reports when accessing these files.

Were these codecs installed when you added the files?  Yes

Could IMatch read your files before?  Yes

If so, what happened since then?  The only thing I know of is that the file were used in 3 or 4 other temp DBs. And in these temp DB these files loaded and showed ok. I deleted these DBs because I wanted to start fresh.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Log looks perfectly normal. The files are read in without problems (the embedded previews is not 100% so you might have to check that), but no warnings or problems reported.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 15, 2014, 06:58:24 PM
Log looks perfectly normal. The files are read in without problems (the embedded previews is not 100% so you might have to check that), but no warnings or problems reported.

Here are some more files that didn't read in right when I draged and dropped them in the DB the first time. When I select the files and press <Shift>+<Ctrl>+<F5>.  they read in ok. 

(the embedded previews is not 100% so you might have to check that) Would this have anything to do with this? Should the embedded previews always be 100%?

How can I check the the embedded previews and set it so they come in at 100%?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Then remove them from the database and drop them again.
If you get errors again, maybe there's something in the log file.

The size of the embedded preview depends on the camera or the software you use from Canon.
IMatch by default uses the embedded cache file, which may be OK for you, or not. You can control that via the Cache settings. If you want to force IMatch to develop the full RAW to get a 10=% size, set the minimum size in the cache options to a value larger than the embedded preview.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 15, 2014, 08:31:30 PM

The size of the embedded preview depends on the camera or the software you use from Canon.
IMatch by default uses the embedded cache file, which may be OK for you, or not. You can control that via the Cache settings. If you want to force IMatch to develop the full RAW to get a 10=% size, set the minimum size in the cache options to a value larger than the embedded preview.

"Then remove them from the database and drop them again. If you get errors again, maybe there's something in the log file." I removed all of the files and turned on debug and then redroped the files. And some of the files didn't show right. See IMATCH5_LOG.txt. I selected some of the files that didn't show right and did a Forced Update and then the files showed ok. See 2IMATCH5_LOG.txt
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 15, 2014, 09:42:36 PM
No log attached?

I couldn't get the attachments to attach. So I'm trying to attach one them here. A message came back saying the file was too big IMATCH5_LOG.txt. How can I turn off Debug logging?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Just zip the file. The limit for attachments is 2 MB. But log files zip very well and are usually 1/10 of the original size.

QuoteHow can I turn off Debug logging?

In the same menu: Help > Support > Normal logging.
But as explained in the Beta Tester Guide in the help, Beta Testers are supposed to run IMatch in Debug logging mode, run database diagnosis several times a day etc. This allows us to catch more problems, and the log file will always be in the right mode when something happens.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on April 15, 2014, 10:16:01 PM
Just zip the file. The limit for attachments is 2 MB. But log files zip very well and are usually 1/10 of the original size.

QuoteHow can I turn off Debug logging?

In the same menu: Help > Support > Normal logging.
But as explained in the Beta Tester Guide in the help, Beta Testers are supposed to run IMatch in Debug logging mode, run database diagnosis several times a day etc. This allows us to catch more problems, and the log file will always be in the right mode when something happens.

Ok here are the attachments. And I put IMatch back in Debug mode.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

cthomas

OOPs! How can I do this?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

herman

Quote from: cthomas on April 15, 2014, 10:54:08 PM

OOPs! How can I do this?

Hi Carl,

The Cache settings can be found under Edit > Preferences > Cache
Enjoy!

Herman.

Mario

And press <F1> in that dialog to get detailed information about all the settings and how IMatch produces cache files from your images.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator