FYI: Categories View gets docked on the top of the screen.

Started by rhermans, June 04, 2014, 10:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhermans

I hope this is just me having changed a setting somewhere...

after playing around with the 5.0.160 beta I saw that the categories view is now docked on top of the window.
Tried moving it, to no succes.

other things i tried without succes

• Checked the db
  • Opened another db
  • went to the preferences and resetted everything I could to default, restarted imatch
  • Reïnstalled it with the fix option
  • Deïnstalled it, restarted, Reïnstalled it

Again Deïnstalled it, went to %PROGRAMDATA% removed the photools directory Reïnstalled and the Categories View is back in it's original location.

Is there a setting to move the views ?

Thanks

Ronny

[attachment deleted by admin]
Cheers

Ronny

herman

You can move panels around and dock them wherever you want to create your own workspace.
When you want to restore the "as shipped" workspace just hold CTRL while starting IMatch.
This will bring up a screen where one of the choices is to restore the workspace.

You can find how the panels can be rearranged in the help file.
For a start, open the help system, select the index tab and type dock

Hope this helps,
Enjoy!

Herman.

HaWo

Hans-Wolfgang

rhermans

Although I didn't mention trying to drag and drop it, I tried , only without any succes.
Now after 'resetting' it works.

Thanks

Ronny
Cheers

Ronny

Ferdinand

Should work.  Understanding how drag and drop works is not necessarily intuitive.  I suggest you read the Help file under "Panels|Panel Introduction" and there's a section on "Moving, Docking and Floating Panels"  There are specific icons that appear when you start to drag, and you drag the panel to one of these.