Switching between media folder view and category view

Started by falconeye, April 25, 2014, 10:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falconeye

Hello,

I have a question concerning the category view and the media folder view. If I am for example in the category view and have focused on one picture. I now have the possibility to switch to the media folder via STR G and to the timeline via CTRL STR G.  If I am now in the media folder view and have focused on one picture there seems to be no possibility to go to the category view. I can go to the timeline view via CTRL STR G, but I find now command for the category view. Do I miss something or is it just not possible?
Thank you

Mario

Quote from: falconeye on April 25, 2014, 10:17:33 AM
If I am now in the media folder view and have focused on one picture there seems to be no possibility to go to the category view.
That's because an image can be in any number of categories (and usually is). Which category to choose?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

falconeye

Yes, I was aware of the problem with multiple categories. I thought, perhaps you could switch to the first category in the tree if the picture is in more then one category. I sometimes have the problem I  find a picture in the timeline for example. Then I focus it and want to do something with this picture in the category view. For instance add a new category or something like that.  Now it would have been handy if you could switch to the category view with one keystroke and here you could see the focused picture instantly. But now, after some playing, I found I underestimated the possibilties of IMatch (as nearly always). You can use STR G in the Panel Category.
This is exactly what I was looking for. :-)
Greetings and nice WE

Mario

QuoteI thought, perhaps you could switch to the first category in the tree

This will be most likely wrong in maybe 50% of all cases. Or usually the @Keyword category...

QuoteI  find a picture in the timeline for example. Then I focus it and want to do something with this picture in the category view.

As you found out, the Category Panel is just what you need. The Current tab in this panel shows you all the categories of the currently selected file(s). From there you can jump into the Category View, and you have full control over which category you jump to. Ctrl+G works there too.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

falconeye

Thank you John. I have downloaded you script and will give it a try tomorrow.
Cheers