See all pictures in the subfolders of a folder

Started by icepic, January 03, 2014, 12:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icepic

Hello everyone,
I am trying to do something very basic. However, I am not quite sure how to do it.
On the left pane, the Media & Folders pane is active.

Below is my folder structure. The folder MovieStars does not have any pictures in it. However, the sub-folders have lots of pictures. I would like to see the all pictures in the center pane (file view pane ?) when I click on the MovieStars. Is that possible?

+ MovieStars
++ Angelina
++ Jeniffer

Thanks.

JohnZeman

Yes it's possible.  Click the icon shown in the screen shot below and configure it like the screen shot.  Note you may also need to change the setting in the button to the left of the hierarchy button.

[attachment deleted by admin]

icepic

Thanks for the information. I should have noticed that by myself.

Mario

There are many features in the file window which may go unnoticed unless you've read through the corresponding topic of the help - at least once.
The File Window help topic explains all the features of file windows, including sort profiles, layouts, the hierarchical display modes (and why they are needed/useful) etc. I can only encourage everybody to read these topics because you may be missing some cool features which save you a lot of time...  ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

lenmerkel

Quote from: Mario on January 04, 2014, 09:50:44 AM
. . . you've read through the corresponding topic of the help - at least once . . .
The iMatch5 help and my Android tablet are regular companions, like a 'Hitchhiker's Guide'  ;D
Over the hill, and enjoying the glide.

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on January 04, 2014, 09:50:44 AM
There are many features in the file window which may go unnoticed unless you've read through the corresponding topic of the help - at least once.
The File Window help topic explains all the features of file windows, including sort profiles, layouts, the hierarchical display modes (and why they are needed/useful) etc. I can only encourage everybody to read these topics because you may be missing some cool features which save you a lot of time...  ;)

There are many features in the file window which may go unnoticed unless you've read through the corresponding topic of the help - at least once.  I would love to do this but I can't find out how to  read through the corresponding topic of the help. Would you tell me how to do this?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

There are several ways:

1. Click in the file window, then press <F1>.
2. Or open the help via the Help menu and type File Window into the index tab on the left.
3. On the Welcome page in the Help (the one that opens when you choose Open the Help System from the Help menu) scroll down a bit and then click on Meeting IMatch. This overview topic has pointers to all important sections in the help system.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook