XMP::iptcExt\LocationShown duplicated tags

Started by jarraun, April 27, 2014, 06:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarraun

Hi testers,

I don´t report this as a bug because maybe has something to do with my settings, it´s no a big deal but is a bit annoying and recursive.
NEF files are ingested to a folder and then opened in IM5, no other app has seen them. I add metadata in IM5 as you can see in attached image and when I do a metadata writ-back theese three tags:

{File.MD.XMP::iptcExt\LocationShownCountryName\LocationShownCountryName\0}
{File.MD.XMP::iptcExt\LocationShownProvinceState\LocationShownProvinceState\0}
{File.MD.XMP::iptcExt\LocationShownSublocation\LocationShownSublocation\0}

get always duplicated. Has ayone experienced it ? Why are always XMP::iptcExt\LocationShown and not XMP::iptcExt\LocationCreated or other tags ?
I can live with it but is kind of strange.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

You write "when I add metadata". To which tags do you add data? To the tags you mention in your post or other tags?
What happens if you clear the contents of one of the tags and write-back?  Does this change stick (the tag remains empty)?

Also, open the ExifTool output panel before you write back. Make the same changes as before, and copy/paste the output show in the ExifTool tab to your reply. This shows us the commands IMatch is sending to ExifTool.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jarraun

Hi mario,

QuoteYou write "when I add metadata". To which tags do you add data?

I add metadata to all tags you can see in the attached image.

QuoteWhat happens if you clear the contents of one of the tags and write-back?

- If in Metadata panel I delete the duplicated tag (España; España)and just let the information I want (España), then save the changes back to the Database, ok till now but when I write-back to the file the duplicated tag reappears (España;España).

Exiftool report 1:
-overwrite_original_in_place
-m
-use
MWG
-charset
ExifTool={PTETCHARSET}
-ex
-sep

-XMP-iptcExt:LocationShownCountryName=
-XMP-iptcExt:LocationShownCountryName=España
-XMP:CreatorTool=photools.com IMatch 5.0.0.152 (Windows)

-xmp:InstanceID=xmp.iid:937a2a74-a1ce-4ad8-826c-24a9b3d77600

-MWG:ModifyDate=now
-XMP:MetadataDate=now
D:\JAVIER\MISIMG~1\IM18F1~1\Pruebas\JA0741~1.XMP
-execute9999

1 image files updated

----- Runtime: 0,1 s.

- If in Metadata panel I change the duplicated tag (España;España) to (0) and then save the changes back to the Database, ok till now but when I write-back to the file I get this tag (0;España).

Exiftool report 2:
-overwrite_original_in_place
-m
-use
MWG
-charset
ExifTool={PTETCHARSET}
-ex
-sep

-XMP-iptcExt:LocationShownCountryName=
-XMP-iptcExt:LocationShownCountryName=0
-XMP:CreatorTool=photools.com IMatch 5.0.0.152 (Windows)

-xmp:InstanceID=xmp.iid:6aed5d47-d87f-43a2-b4f1-947ac941ef28

-MWG:ModifyDate=now
-XMP:MetadataDate=now
D:\JAVIER\MISIMG~1\IM18F1~1\Pruebas\JA0741~1.XMP
-execute9999

1 image files updated

----- Runtime: 0,1 s.

akirot

Hi Mario,
it might be the same source of the bug - I realized similar (if not the same) behavior under specific circumstances:

IM 1.0.152
MWG compliance activated
Write hierarchical keywords activated (this was before I realized Imatch writes LR.hierarchicalkeywords anyhow)

I produced a fresh .jpeg from a .CR2 wth LR. It contained LR.hierarchicalkeywords (because I activated this at export) and flat keywords in subject and keywords. (Checked via ET GUI independently of IM)

Rescanning, IM itentified a necessary Metadata update for the .CR2 and the new .jpeg - despite being somehow annoying I learned it is expected behavior as long as "Write hierarchical keywords" in IM ist activated. IM replaces the (by LR during import flattened) keywords in keywords and subject of the .CR2.

The .jpg (after the metadata update) still contained (in keywords and subject) the flat keywords (produced by LR) PLUS two times the hierachical keywords (again checked via ET GUI) - this is where I see parallels to the reported bug.

I didn't follow this because I now know (after RTFM) I have to switch of writing of hierarchical keywords in IM to make IM behave as I want.