Light Table Sort

Started by jeknepley, April 29, 2014, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeknepley

I've searched Help and am not able to find any mention of a sort option similar to IM3's Light Table for use in the file window. Did I miss it?

sinus

Quote from: jeknepley on April 29, 2014, 06:56:00 PM
I've searched Help and am not able to find any mention of a sort option similar to IM3's Light Table for use in the file window. Did I miss it?

Hi, from the help:

Sorting Files
The ability to sort files by a wide range of criteria is an important feature. Sorting files by name, shooting date, last modified or viewed date, ISO, lens or artist can help solve certain tasks or just enables you to see your files in the exact order you want.

IMatch implements sorting via so-called sort profiles. A sort profile defines which metadata fields and attributes are used for sorting, and how these define the resulting order in the file window. IMatch ships with a number of predefined sort profiles you can choose from a drop-down box in the file window toolbar. You can add additional sort profiles via Edit > Preferences > Sort Profiles.

See the corresponding topic on sort profiles for details.

To apply a sort profile to the file window, select it from the drop-down list in the file window toolbar.

IMatch also allows you to manually arrange the files in the file window to create a custom sort order (light table sort).
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

It's now named custom sort. I have added light-table and light table and lighttable as extra help index keywords for the next build.

When you search for Sort in the help index, you'll see the term custom right on top. Double-click it to open the corresponding help, then expand the table of contents at the top of the page of just search for custom with <Ctrl>+<F>.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jeknepley

Quote from: sinus on April 29, 2014, 07:14:50 PM
Quote from: jeknepley on April 29, 2014, 06:56:00 PM

Hi, from the help:

Sorting Files
The ability to sort files by a wide range of criteria is an important feature. Sorting files by name, shooting date, last modified or viewed date, ISO, lens or artist can help solve certain tasks or just enables you to see your files in the exact order you want.

IMatch implements sorting via so-called sort profiles. A sort profile defines which metadata fields and attributes are used for sorting, and how these define the resulting order in the file window. IMatch ships with a number of predefined sort profiles you can choose from a drop-down box in the file window toolbar. You can add additional sort profiles via Edit > Preferences > Sort Profiles.

See the corresponding topic on sort profiles for details.

To apply a sort profile to the file window, select it from the drop-down list in the file window toolbar.

IMatch also allows you to manually arrange the files in the file window to create a custom sort order (light table sort).

Thanks. As I said, I used help but didn't find anything about Light Table.

When I tried Custom (my first guess before going to Help and then subsequently posting my question) dragging & dropping looked just like it does in IM3 & I thought I'd found what I was looking for. However, when I dragged & dropped a file it just stayed in its original spot. I've since retried it (after closing IM5 when it became non-responsive) and now Custom does work as I originally thought it would (like Light Table). Problem must've been related to whatever eventually lead to the database needing closing.