Saint Mario

Started by jeknepley, April 29, 2014, 10:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeknepley

I can't believe the tolerance you have for some of the **** questions we users post - you display the patience of a saint.

I guess it's that you only have one miracle to your credit, IM, that you weren't made a saint by Pope Francis a few days ago.  ;)

Kucera

Quote from: jeknepley on April 29, 2014, 10:34:49 PM
you display the patience of a saint.
Second that, and if we don't thank Mario often enough, that saves some bandwidth at least  ;)

Mario

I do this for quite a while now. And I care for IMatch and my users. I want my users to be happy using IMatch - and happy giving me some of their hard-earned cash when IMatch goes on sale  ::)

Compared to some of the other communities I participate in, the IMatch user forum and this new community have always been really nice places. Users helping other users. Discussing ideas and sharing know-how. No trolls or angry folks YELLING at each other. No annoying "My gear is better than your gear" discussions. Nice  :)

There are no dumb questions, really. I learn something from every question asked here.
A question may reveal a problem. A question may show me where new help topics, samples or help keywords are needed. I work a lot on that.
Other users will learn from questions asked and answers given. May even discover useful features they did not know about.

And new users joining can use the community search engine to find lots of valuable information easily.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Photon

One relevant marketing tool for a software is certainly also a good and living forum. I also visit and participate in other DAM and photo forums and I know only a few, which have similiar to Photools a high quality, a friendly mood and good contributions from the SW authors. This does not go without saying, I know SW authors who blame customers in forum and really motivate them to leave forum and the SW. Forum in other languages could certainly help Imatch further, but I can imagine the high effort to maintain and react in multi-language forums. Not to imagine the large number of double topics.

Thank you for your patience in this forum, which contributes certainly to good multiplication factor with word of mouth.

Martin
| IMatch v5.5.8 + Win7proN64bit | Lumix, Pentax |
| ExifTool, ImageMagick, GeoSetter | JPhotoTagger, MusicBee | CaptureOne, LightRoom | jAlbum, WingsPlatinum, Mobjects |

Mario

Quote from: Photon on April 30, 2014, 12:08:22 PM
Forum in other languages could certainly help Imatch further, but I can imagine the high effort to maintain and react in multi-language forums. Not to imagine the large number of double topics.
And not forgetting the fact that I can only provide support in German and English. I won't open boards for languages I don't speak -  for legal reasons. My web site and this community are hosted on web servers located in Germany and thus fall under German law. Which is pretty strict when it comes to things like privacy, data security, public harassment etc. I need to understand what's discussed in order to react and fulfill my duties (e.g. ban users, delete offensive posts and the like). Not that this happens often, and the moderators do a real good job. But I'm responsible for all this in the end and hence I need to know what's going on.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook