Best way to 'find' or otherwise 'filter' for all red labeled images

Started by reader, May 01, 2014, 11:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reader

I see that IM5 does see images labeled as 'select' in Adobe bridge cc.  Or at least displays the red stripe label.

Does that mean I can somehow herd all with red label into one view or category or whatever so that I can
send copies somewhere to we worked on?

I see the filter menu has something that looks like it will do that, but haven't got it figured out just how yet.

I see two red icons, trying them 1 at a time after checking that filter menu... seems to do nothing.

Selecting both and clicking the 'or' radio button, again nothing happens.

A small aside too:  Seems like there should be some mouse over info at the main icons in there.

[attachment deleted by admin]

JohnZeman

You also need to have the checkbox ticked at the very top of the filter panel where in orange it says Filter Panel.  That enables the individual filter modules below it.

But there is an even easier way to see all your files with a red label.  Go to Collections View and click on the Labels section to see all your images grouped by label colors.

See attached screen shots.

[attachment deleted by admin]

reader

Quote from: JohnZeman on May 01, 2014, 11:29:35 PM
You also need to have the checkbox ticked at the very top of the filter panel where in orange it says Filter Panel.  That enables the individual filter modules below it.

But there is an even easier way to see all your files with a red label.  Go to Collections View and click on the Labels section to see all your images grouped by label colors.

See attached screen shots.
Thank you, very helpful.  I had the right scroll bar on filter menu just the tiniest bit down and so the orange header was invisible.
In my flailing around I ripped out some panels, and before I knew it, I had views and panels in every ridiculous configuration possible.

When I saw under view/workspaces a 'default' choice I expected that would put things back like they were.  But no,
I have the biggest most useless mess going on and seemingly no way to get it back like it was.  Even a full shutdown of
IM5... it comes back when I start it, still in disarray.

It would really be nice if there was some obvious sure footed way of getting back to something workable.  I've veered way off the
subject line so, again thank you sir... you let me get back at it.

JohnZeman

A few months back there was quite the discussion about the way the workspaces "work" so you may want to search the forum for "workspaces" and see what you can find.

If you want to reset your workspace back to true defaults, from the desktop hold down the CTRL key while double clicking the IMatch 5 icon.  This will give you several startup options including resetting the workspace.

Mario

QuoteI ripped out some panels, and before I knew it, I had views and panels in every ridiculous configuration possible.

I'm not sure what you did. You can show/hide re-arrange panels any time. If you have messed up your default workspace and you have not saved a workspace you can revert to, close IMatch and then start it again holding down <Ctrl>. In the dialog, choose the "Reset Workspace" option. See Advanced Startup Options in the help (or press <F1> in the dialog).

The Filter Manager allows you to enable the filters you see in the filter panel and to mix these with filters you have saved. You can also apply only filters you have saved and temporarily disable the filters currently in the filter panel. By default, the filters in the filter panel are active (the orange "Filter Panel" entry in the filter manager is checked). Only when this is the case the filters in the filter panel are active.

Have a look at the filter panel help topic to see how it works and why it works how it works.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook