Metadata Browser (Date Created, Date Modified, etc.)

Started by Darius1968, July 04, 2013, 08:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere in this form, and in that case, somebody could please direct me to the proper post.  I have a jpeg image selected, and am looking at the metadata browser for the modified and created date, but those fields aren't even available.  What do I have to do to make this info available? 

ChrisMatch

Hi

Have you noticed the dropdown on the left within the MetaData-Bowser?
If you change this to 'Default' you can see the dates!
The little gear-wheel icon gives you the possiblity to customize the panel!

Hope this helps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Darius1968

Hi Chris,

My attachment shows that those fields are there, but the info doesn't exist, and it did in IMatch 3.6 - probably related to some sort of importing that has to be done.  Can you tell me what I have to do?  Thanks. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

ChrisMatch

Sorry - I never really used v3 and I am also new to v5 - so I can only try to guess what may be a problem.

As far as I understand it "Date Modified" should be a property of the file - so there shouldn't be a problem with importing keywords, exif info and so on.

I would try to force a rescan for this file and see if things change
(right click - hold down CTRL while you click "rescan now").

Mario

This looks as if the file has no metadata at all.
Maybe this is related to the bugs reported where IMatch fails to retrieve metadata for some of the files during the initial scan due to stress issues? There are a few open bug reports for that.

If you still have the application log file from the session where this happened, you should find lines with W> tags, reporting ExifTool error messages or the like.

Try to reload the metadata for this file manually:

Select the file in a file window and open the context menu.
Choose Rescan while holding down <Ctrl> to get the extended options.
Choose "Reload Metadata".

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

I did try what you suggested, Mario - actually before you gave the instruction, and it didn't change anything.