Saving/Applying a custom File Window Tip

Started by BanjoTom, May 05, 2014, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanjoTom

I've created a (slightly) modified version of the default File Window Tip, and saved it to disc.  I can reload it anytime I want, and it displays the way I want it to in the Edit/Preferences\File Window Tip "Test Tip" box.  But it does not seem to alter the actual Info display in the File Window.  I've tried loading my modified File Window Tip and then hitting the "Defaults" button, but that doesn't make it take effect for all my files in the normal File Window.  What must I do to make a customized File Window Tip actually work on files shown in the File Window?   
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Mario

Works here.

I started the test by removing all but one line from my file window tip. Close the Preferences with OK and then check in the file window. The tip displays only one line. OK.

Now I go again into Preferences and load the default file window tip shipped with IMatch. The dialog shows the new tip data, with all lines filled. Close Preferences and check in File Window. The tip displays correctly, with full data. OK.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

BanjoTom

Seems to work now, after I saved my modified File Window Tip as a format for JPEG files (which is what most of my images are).   The new FWT format also shows up for many other "default" formats.  I guess I'm still in need of more time experimenting with custom formats for different file types.   IM has a LOT of depth to it, as I keep learning  . . .
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

DigPeter

Quote from: BanjoTom on May 05, 2014, 07:36:56 PM
IM has a LOT of depth to it, as I keep learning  . . .
Botttomless - keep digging! ;D