view Buddy Files?

Started by Erik, May 12, 2014, 04:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik

Silly or basic thing, but is there a way to see that a file has buddy files or list them (I don't want to access them just see whether a file has them and what they are)?

-Erik

Mario

No. There are many buddy files which are not even added to the the database. IMatch processes buddies when it performs file-level operations.

This would be a nice task for a custom App or a script. When you search the help for Buddy and then click on the scripting sub-topic you'll find a copy/paste example to output all buddy files in the output panel. You can run this right away from the Script Manager Panel. The script is named "Buddy FIles" and displays all buddy files (whether in the DB or not when I recall it correctly) in the output panel.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Erik

Quote from: Mario on May 12, 2014, 07:55:51 AM
No. There are many buddy files which are not even added to the the database. IMatch processes buddies when it performs file-level operations.

This would be a nice task for a custom App or a script. When you search the help for Buddy and then click on the scripting sub-topic you'll find a copy/paste example to output all buddy files in the output panel. You can run this right away from the Script Manager Panel. The script is named "Buddy FIles" and displays all buddy files (whether in the DB or not when I recall it correctly) in the output panel.

Ok... I think that's all I'm looking for. 

I'll check it out.  It's not something I envision needing much, just something that is useful during testing since many buddy files are not in the db.

Mario

If this would be requested often, we could quickly wrap it in a "Buddy" App or something. But as you said, it's not often needed. An for the few occasions, you can just run the script.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Erik

Quote from: Mario on May 13, 2014, 08:50:46 PM
If this would be requested often, we could quickly wrap it in a "Buddy" App or something. But as you said, it's not often needed. An for the few occasions, you can just run the script.

Thanks,

I'll eventually play with it.  I like the idea of making an app for this (to learn how to use the apps myself).  I'm not much into scripting, but I appreciate it when I put my mind to it.  If I get something together, I'll be sure to post it in the Scripting and Apps subforum so others can utilize it (and possibly improve it).