Text Background for raw files does not display in viewer

Started by DigPeter, May 14, 2014, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigPeter

I have text background for the viewer generated by these variables:

{File.MD.IPTC::ApplicationRecord\5\ObjectName\0}
{File.MD.IPTC::ApplicationRecord\120\Caption-Abstract\0}      {File.DateTime|format:DD-MM-YYYY}      {File.Name}

My raw (RW2 + XMP) files have all the above in the XMP files' metadata.  I have just noticed that the only text displayed in viewer for these raw files is the file name.  I assume that this is because the data are not in the actual image (RW2) file.   Is this by design or have I missed some preference setting?

This is not a big deal, as I would not normally want this facility with raw files.  Just curious  ;D

There is no problem with jpg files.

Mario

Copy your variables in the App panel and check what they show there.
Why are you explicitly using legacy IPTC data in your variables? I suggest you use the standard tags or XMP tags.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DigPeter

Quote from: Mario on May 14, 2014, 01:16:54 PM
Copy your variables in the App panel and check what they show there.
Why are you explicitly using legacy IPTC data in your variables? I suggest you use the standard tags or XMP tags.
The same variables are used for jpg files for which there is not a problem.  Thanks - I will look into changing the variables.  I had no particular reasons to chose those particular ones.

DigPeter

Just changed the variables successfully to:

{File.MD.XMP::dc\title\Title\0}
{File.MD.XMP::dc\description\Description\0}      {File.DateTime|format:DD-MM-YYYY}      {File.Name}

Thanks, Mario.

Mario

RAW usually does not contain legacy IPTC data so using XMP is more compatible if you use mixed formats.
Or setup file format specific info tips, which allows you to show different tags for different formats.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook