Removing IMatch 5 Totally

Started by Richard, May 22, 2014, 11:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

I would like to remove all files relative to IMatch 5 so that I can install IMatch 5 and have the same settings as a new user. I know this has been discussed but if the instructions have been posted, I don't know where.

Mario

To revert IMatch 5 to factory defaults (harsh method):

1. Un-install

2. Delete the folder C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch5

(This folder contains all common resources, presets and stuff)

3. C:\Users\**USERNAME**\AppData\Roaming\photools.com\IMatch5

(This folder contains per-user settings, annotations, your user dictionary (you may want to keep that if you have used the spell checker)

4. Delete the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\photools\IMatch\5

WARNING: Editing the wrong things in the system registry can caused damage to your system.

Easier Alternative:

1. While IMatch is not running, delete the settings database

C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch5\config\imatch5.pts

2. Delete the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\photools\IMatch\5

WARNING: Editing the wrong things in the system registry can caused damage to your system.

When you now start IMatch it comes up with a clean UI and factory default settings. Create a new database or open an existing one.

For this type of test I run "clean" and "used" installations of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 in Oracle Virtual Box (free). This is a virtualization software simulates a PC and you can install Windows, Linux or other software in that simulated PC. You can revert to a previous state of Windows, e.g. before installing IMatch, with a single mouse click. Awesome. Indispensable for testing installers or IMatch 5 in different environments.

My "clean" systems are a fresh installed Windows with all service packs and updates applied. No other software installed. My "used" variations are the same, but also have commonly used software installed on top. This allows me to check if the installer runs, if there are potential incompatibilities etc. Virtual Box is free but you must have proper licenses for the Windows versions you install in it of course.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Richard

It seems that I was successful. When I launched IMatch 5 I got the dialog shown in SC1.

I selected "Import IMatch 3 Database and got the results shown in SC2.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook